I smiled up and her and moved over on the bench a little to let her sit. Once seated, I took a closer look at her. She was immaculately presented, her lips red matching her rosy cheeks, both standing out against her porcelain wrinkled skin. Maroon leather gloves adorned her hands that were tightly grasped around a small black leather purse. Her hair was tightly curled in a short style, giving off a 50's look, pearls around her neck, just slightly peaking through her coat.

I took my gaze back to Rory who was still enjoying a little nap as I rocked her back and forth in her pram.

"Cold day isn't it dear?" the woman spoke from next to me.

"It is, meant to rain later on today." I continued the small talk.

The woman seemed to be looking around as if she was waiting for someone. In all honesty, I wasn't too sure why such an elderly woman would choose to be out on a cold day let alone sit next to the only other person in this park but then I just figured she was lonely and wanted someone to talk to, so I happily obliged.

"Oh my, what a sweet little angel you have there," she exclaimed out of the blue making me jump a little in surprise.

I smiled adoringly down at my little girl.

"Indeed she is."

"What's her name?" she inquired leaning closer to me to peer at my sleeping child.

"Aurora."

The woman proceeded to ask how old she was and other little questions and remarks such as 'you don't look like you have a baby that age', 'does she sleep well through the night?' and other topics of small talk.

"Do you have other children?" the woman asked next.

"I do, I have an elder son, Aj." I looked towards her.

"And where is he now?"

We both started looking around after I told her that he most likely was on the slide.

I stood up trying to get a better look.

All of a sudden my heart began to race.

"Aj!" I yelled.

"Aj come here sweetie!" I yelled again.

Panic started to settle in now. I could not see my little blonde-haired boy nor could I hear him play.

I had been so distracted by conversing with the elderly lady that I paid no mind to keep an eye on Aj.

I frantically was running around the small play area, yelling for Aj. looking in all the small places he could go hide. When Rory's piercing screams rang through the air.

I turned on my heels so fast, the elderly woman was trying to snatch my baby from her pram.

My blood was boiling, this was a trap. I ran towards her, screaming at her to let my child go.

The woman looked up, guilt was written all over her face.

"I'm sorry," she yelled back at me.

She put Rory down and tried running away. I dashed to Rory, not caring to catch the woman. I got to the pram, picked my daughter up, and turned to see in what direction the woman was headed in hopes that she would lead me to Aj. But I had no such luck, three shots were fired. One, two, three... and she was down.

I gasped in fright, looking all around me to see if I could see the person that was shooting all while taking shelter where I could. I knew that by that point whoever was behind this had taken Aj while I was distracted, I knew that and there was nothing I could do about it. My main concern now was to keep myself and Aurora safe. I had pressed Damon's contact number on my phone during all this but I could not bring myself to talk through the phone.