Tracked Down (Jaime Lannister x fem!reader) Modern AU

Start from the beginning

Jaime looked around in surprise. In the time he'd been in the bathroom, you had not only cooked breakfast and made coffee, you'd also tidied up a bit. He hardly recognized his own apartment. He glanced at you to find you smirking. "Did I mention my job description apparently also includes chef and maid duties?" Jaime bit his lip to keep from laughing at your snark. Now that he was clean, he was in better spirits, but he certain wasn't going to make your life easier.

As soon as Jaime sat, you slid your tablet in his direction. "What's this?" You laughed humorlessly. "Your itinerary for the next three days. We have a lot to do to get you ready for the charity gala. So eat up and prepare yourself. You promised your fans and I'm going to make sure you keep that promise. No. Matter. What." You leaned on the counter, an eyebrow raised in challenge. "So, Jaime Lannister, do you think you handle it?" You stood up and offered a hand. Jaime hesitated for a moment before he took it, shaking it to seal the deal.

*time skip*

Jaime was exhausted. True to your word, you did not let up on him one bit. You made sure he made it to every appointment on time, didn't let him touch a drop of alcohol, and kept him sober and on his toes every single second. Jaime had thought he could run you off if he used the same method he'd used with the other reps. That didn't work. Not at all. You were an immovable force that didn't take any of his bull.

If he was being honest, Jaime would admit that he found your attitude refreshing. He'd never been treated that way before. You weren't really nasty and your insult held no real bite to them. Instead everything you said was catered toward Jaime's attitude and, though he was loathe to admit, his ego. You said and did the things you knew would get him moving. The things that would make him actually behave like an adult and role model. Before he knew it, the three days had flown by.

Jaime was lying awake in bed with his arms under his head. He was supposed to be napping before the gala (your orders), but he couldn't seem to stop thinking about you. As his rep, you were going to the gala as well. You wouldn't be riding with him since you needed to be there early. Instead, you were sending a car for him and were going to meet him there. And Jaime felt like a student getting ready for prom. Which was stupid. Wasn't it? You were his PR rep, not his friend and certainly not his date. Right?

When Jaime's car pulled up at the gala, he took a deep breath. He wasn't nervous except he knew that he'd be asked questions about where he'd been. However when he exited the car you came out of the building with your phone up to your ear and slight smile on your face. Jaime's breath caught. You looked beautiful. You had hardly given him a genuine smile the last few days so seeing one on your face in that moment was surprising and bewitching at the same time.

"Glad you could make it, Mr. Lannister," you greeted. The smile stayed on your face. Jaime couldn't help but return it. "Right. What should I expect?" Your smile softened a bit as if you could hear the tenseness in his voice. Hells, you probably could. "If they ask about where you've been, just tell them you went on an extended vacation. They don't need to know the details of how or why. That is yours to keep to yourself. Anything you're uncomfortable answering, give me a signal and we'll get you out of there, okay?" Jaime nodded before offering you his arm. You took it with a laugh.

True to your word, you were always within his line of vision throughout the entire night. You didn't encroached on anything, but it was nice to know that you were there. Most reps didn't accompany their clients to things like this. At least not that Jaime was aware of. However, he knew his father would have made certain the agency paid you extra to keep closer tabs on him. Having you there helped Jaime relax a little and when it was time for dancing, Jaime made a beeline for you.

"Dance with me?" You looked at him in disbelief. "You know, most actors don't dance with the PR reps at these things. The dance with the dozens of eligible actresses and other entertainers floating around." Jaime laughed and nodded. "True, but watching you trying not to trip on your dress while you dance is entertainment enough for me." You glared at him half-heartedly before agreeing to dance with him.

"If you let me fall, Lannister, I swear at the next function, I will let he press eat you alive before fixing everything...a week later." Jaime placed one hand on your back, pulling you closer to him. "That won't be necessary. You haven't let me stumble once in the last three days. I should return the favor." You rolled your eyes and let him lead you in a simple dance.

"You know, I can't thank you enough. While I still don't know what to do about my agent, you pulled me from a pretty pitiful place. After I lost my hand, roles became fewer and the ones that were offered were all the same. I was beginning to hate it. I let that pull me under for weeks until you came in like a whirlwind. It doesn't feel like it's only been three days since we met," Jaime admitted.

"That's my job."

"No. Your job is to make me look good for the press. You went above and beyond. And I know my father is most likely the reason why, but still. I don't know where I'm headed after this, but I hope I can count on you?" For once in his life, Jaime sounded unsure and he hated himself for it. You only smiled and nodded.

"Of course. First thing Monday, we can sit down with your agent and see what we can do. Maybe you need a break from acting. Perhaps you can try directing instead. We'll figure it out. And I'll be there. Hopefully we can become friends." Jaime gazed into your eyes and found himself hoping the same thing. Or perhaps he hoped for something even more.