Chapter 16

"Since the previous episode was intense, let's watch something calmer." Adalie said which earned many nods and cheers of happiness.

 Chapter 23: Returning the favor (3)

Choi Han made eye contact with Cale, who was standing impatiently at the mountain entrance. 

"Oh, so we're going to watch Cale take the crybaby?" the shield asked in excitement as the vitality of the heart paled and started tearing up as he turned to Adalie.

"Please, let's not watch it." he said with small tears falling from his eyes. Unfortunately, Adalie simply smiled at him before turning her attention back to the screen which caused the vitality of the heart to cry and look at TCF! Cale with pleading eyes. TCF! Cale glanced at him before ignoring him, the other ancient powers laughing/ pitying the sadness of the heart. 

Cale was someone who said that he, Choi Han, was enough for protection. Choi Han had been thinking about this act of protecting the last few days.

"I've been debating this for a while, but there is something I need to tell you."

The report about the dragon yesterday was not really what Choi Han had wanted to report. He hesitated for a moment, before looking back toward Cale and starting to speak. Choi Han's gaze was looking past Cale's shoulder to a tree near the entrance of the mountain.

"Mr. Ron is a dangerous person."

Many flinched at the statement while TBOAH! Cale and Rok Soo looked at TCF! Choi Han with a dumbfounded expression.

"D-did you really just tell him that?" Rok Soo asked incredulously. 

"I feel so bad for you." TBOAH! Cale said while patting the shoulders of TCF! Cale who only accepted it with a blank stare as he recalled the different emotions he felt at that time (mostly shock). "I would have had a heart attack if someone told me my old butler who's been with me for years was dangerous."

"Actually, now that I think about it, I find something weird." TCF! Glenn said while looking at TCF! Deruth. "Why did you hire Ron Molan? Isn't your family motto about prioritizing your safety above all else."

"True." TBOAH! Bud agreed. "I doubt keeping an assassin near you, especially your first born, is considered safe and sane."

"Ah, that's because my...previous wife recommended him and she has always been a good judge with people so I accepted." TCF! Deruth explained while casting a quick glance at Jour who was oblivious to it all.

(Note: I don't know if it's canon or not. I just want to think that Deruth, who prioritizes his family's safety above all else like the Henituse Family motto, would have done a background check and knows Ron's history. I mean, he literally introduces himself as a Molan and the surname is famous in the underworld so isn't it common sense to connect the two? Besides, wouldn't it be Jour who has the ability to see the future (if I'm not wrong) to know Ron is good and all?)

Cale flinched for a moment at this straight that landed on him without any warnings. Should he pretend to know or pretend not to know? He quickly made up his mind. Cale had not expected a question like this, but he calmly responded back.

"Is that so?"
"You are not surprised? There is a dangerous stench of blood on him. He is a strong person who has shed a lot of blood. At first, I thought that Cale-nim knew about it already and still had Mr. Ron by your side."

But if Cale had known, he would have taken the strong Ron with him to rescue the dragon. But Cale had not done that. Choi Han thought that to mean that Cale either did not know about Ron's strength or did not trust Ron, but there was no way Cale wouldn't trust someone who had been with him for 18* years.
That was why Choi Han had come to the conclusion that Cale was not aware of Ron's strength.