The Morning After

Just a quick breather. How ya doin' there?

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"Professor Adams, you look so much better" said Flitwick as she joined them for breakfast. Severus hadn't shown yet, and she was anxious to see him.

"Yes... It's impressive what a good night of sleep will do for a person, wouldn't you agree, Adams?" There he was.

He sat beside her. She tried not to look at him too much as she breathed him in, drooling.

(She loved spooning with him, the feel of his body against hers, his breath on her head and neck... "I could drown in your hair", he had said, sleepily, at a given moment. It was morning when he left and she missed touching him already.)

"Well I wouldn't know. I didn't get much sleep actually. A bit of an upset stomach, I suppose. But I had this amazing dream... that just restored me." She fluttered her eyelids at Snape when no one was looking. He smiled lightly, putting his hand on her thigh under the table.

"I can interpret dreams, you know." Said Lorenzo coming out of nowhere. "Tell us".

Nay was still angry at him, so she lashed out. "Well, first I had this annoying nightmare with a buffoon at the door to my quarters, all full of himself, telling me who I should and should not date. Can you imagine?" She said casually.

Lorenzo's face was ashen. Severus caught up in a second. His eyes grew somber and he looked murderously at Casavergine. Shit.

"Anyway. Then I dreamt of a beautiful raven that came into my bedroom and took me flying with him, for hours and hours," she said, taking and squeezing his hand under the table - it was cold. "I never felt such wondrous pleasure in my life." She ended, but Severus still looked pissed off.

"Fascinating." He said, flatly.

----------

He got to the Hall a second after her, but stayed behind to watch her a bit. The light on her hair, in her eyes, her smile, her hands. What a thing it was to know they had been in bed together just a few hours ago. He yearned to touch her, kiss her. It had been too long already.

Life was sweet and Severus was having a hard time not smiling constantly... until he learned that bloody auror had had the gall to ambush her. Why hadn't she mentioned it? She seemed peeved enough about it to lash out at him at breakfast. She should report him.

It completely ruined his mood.

----------

"So how was it last night?" McGonagall asked, pushing him a tray of ginger biscuits and he almost didn't manage to conceal his shock before he understood she was referring to the dance class.

It was the best night of my life - he thought of saying - in fact, I think I should go ahead and kill myself right now because I don't see how my life can go anything but downhill from here, but I'll go on living in the off-chance that next night will miraculously top the last one, because even if it doesn't it will undoubtedly be incredible anyway.

He almost laughed.

"It was fine. The students seemed to enjoy it." He said, indifferently.

"Didn't you?" She asked, raising her eyebrows over her cup, knowingly.

Already? You couldn't fart in this school without the whole faculty hearing about it immediately. It took him a second to figure out who was the most likely gossip in this case. Fucking Hooch. Of course.

The old witch was now smiling at him. "I heard you are quite the dancer."

Enough.

"Yes, I am, Minerva and yes, I enjoyed myself immensely dancing with Nayme Adams, a particularly pretty, bright woman, as you once put. Can we now drop the subject, please?"

Now McGonagall was actually giggling! He had never seen her do that before. Disgraceful. He rolled his eyes. It was intolerable.

"I'm sorry, Severus. You just look so happy. You should dance more often."

Now he felt like laughing.

"I fully intend to." He said, with a smirk.