Chapter 64

The foreigners near Gucheng have their own country called Guiyan, and they also have their own city, but they are far away and few people go there.

The Kingdom of Guiyan consists of multiple ethnic groups, mainly the militant Guizhen tribe. They are the ones who harass in the side mirror of the Great Xia country all the year round.

Gui Yan Guo’s attack this time is predictable.

Two months ago, Li Mingjin and Wei Linyuan and several other generals discussed whether the foreigners in the north would fight against Gucheng for food for the winter after the fall. It turns out that there is absolutely no problem with them discussing in advance.

This year, Li Mingjin worked in Gucheng Dagang and asked the soldiers to follow along with the farming. The harvest of the entire Gucheng city has doubled compared with previous years. Not only is the local officials admiring his methods and ideas, but also the surrounding ghosts. Yan Country also often sent people to inquire, and they also caught several waves.

Since there is a harvest, it will naturally be robbed. Who doesn’t want to farm more grain for the winter. The Guiyan Country is located in the grassland, and there is no way to farm. Only by looting can you live a better life.

Of course, Li Mingjin didn’t think about negotiating with the other party and conducting transactions. The other party has cattle and sheep, and he has food, which can be exchanged. However, the plan is obviously not favored by other people. The food in Gucheng has indeed doubled this year, but It’s just enough for Gucheng to be consumed internally, and you have to anticipate whether there will be a war behind it. There will be a lot more. The granary in Gucheng can’t be empty or moved.

Besides, where would the Guiyan Kingdom deal honestly with them and ask for prices, it would be better to fight with them to be realistic. This is also in Li Mingjin’s arms. The gentle way is completely useless. It not only wastes time, but also makes the enemy stronger. chance.

According to the report from the spies ahead, Guiyan State brought their cavalry to come this year. Hearing the voice, it may be far from 10,000 soldiers and horses, but it is estimated that there are 30,000 or 40,000.

Gucheng also had cavalry, which was left to him by Wei Linyuan’s team and also by General Wei.

Although Li Mingjin has only been in Gucheng for a few months, during this time, some of his novel methods have won the favor of many soldiers. Even Wei Linyuan, who does not prefer any party, occasionally says a few good things for Li Mingjin, not only him, The three princes and concubines are also, their husband and wife’s approach is too advanced, but also benefit the people a lot, every thing they do has no merit.

Of course, Wei Linyuan would communicate with General Wei. After explaining the deeds of the three princes and concubines in the north to each other one by one, he found that his father had no idea. It turned out that these news did not reach the capital at all. Wei Linyuan thought a lot for a while. Perhaps the third prince did not do these things to compete for fame with other princes, but he was really doing it seriously, regardless of other benefits.

Wei Linyuan even heard his father mention that Emperor Tiansheng often mentioned the three princes of Gucheng in front of him. He was afraid that they would not have enough to eat and wear warmth. He often asked people to quietly give food to their husband and his wife, but he still refused to let them. The other princes knew that his father didn’t like talking, but he didn’t know how to hide things. He didn’t know who to tell, so he wrote to Wei Linyuan, who was able to hide things. .
After hearing a lot about Emperor Tiansheng’s treatment of the three princes, combined with Li Mingjin’s current deeds, Wei Linyuan quietly changed his views on the three princes, occasionally reminding his brother to be respectful to the three princes, and sometimes he felt that the Tiansheng might have a heart for the three princes. Still looking forward to it?
It’s absolutely right to follow the three princes, at least Wei Linyuan can understand his meaning from his father’s letter.