Chapter 64

"Look Quinn, I understand that you want him dead but do you think now is the right time?" He asks as I stare up at him.

"I don't think I can wait any longer Kai." I say, pushing away from him.

"I get it baby but he knows you're upset with him and he is angry with you for not wanting to kill Marcel. You want to catch him when his guard is down right?You need to wait until he is in a better mood." He tries to explain.

He has a point. If I go down there now Klaus is more likely to put up a fight. I let out a breath of frustration while I sit down on the bed. Kai kneels down in front of me and takes my hands into his.

"Lets not ruin the special night we had okay? You're brother is an ass but Quinn... we are getting married! Right now that's all I want to think about." He gives me a soft smile.

"You're right.... I hate that you're right." I huff. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let him ruin the night."

"It's not ruined baby." He kisses the top of my hand. "Now did you happen to pack that small black dress you wore for New Years in the prison world?"

"Yes..." I answer.

"Good. Go put it on." He stands up. "We are celebrating our engagement tonight."

He walks over to his bag and pulls out some clothes then heads for the bathroom. I wait until he shuts the door to get up to find the dress.

As I search for it I decide to put clothes away in the dressers. Might as well since this is my home now. I open the top drawer to put some shirts in when I find the stack of Polaroids.

I sift through them and find the one with Kai. A smile spreads across my face knowing that he will want his one. I kept the other stowed away in my backpack. I set the small photo on the bookshelf and continue to unpack.

The dress was at the bottom of the bag of course but I don't even think I have any heels to wear with it. I check another bag I brought and sure enough, nothing.

I peel my clothes off of me then put the dress on and once it's covering my body, Kai walks out of the bathroom dressed in the same outfit he wore on New Years.

"You look beautiful." He comes and kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank you but I hope you are okay with tennis shoes." I hold up a white pair. "Because I didn't pack my heels."

"Doesn't matter what shoes you're in Quinn. You'll probably be more comfortable in these anyways." He grabs the shoes from my hands and ushers me to the bed.

Once I sit down, he takes one shoe and stars putting it on my foot. Placing small kisses on my bare leg as he does which causes chills to spread over my body.

"Such a gentleman." I smile.

"Only the best for you." He states as he puts the other shoe on.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going or do you not have a plan?" I ask.

"I have a plan." He sets my foot down. "But it's a surprise."

Kai stands and hold his hand out for me to take. We walk to the balcony which confuses me but before I can say anything, he wraps his arms around me tight and jumps over the railing.

We land perfectly on the ground and I try to catch my breath as I look up to where we just were. I'm not going to get used to all his new vampire tricks.

"A little warning next time?" I laugh.

He apologizes with a smile and we begin our walk. Bourbon street is loud with music and every inch of the road is filled with people. Maybe he's taking me the Rousseau's. We did go there in the prison world and given we are wearing these outfits, maybe it's a walk down memory lane.