Chapter 61

A longer chapter for you guys <3

Thank you for all your patience!

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

Kai's POV:

Her family hates me.

Well Elijah and Klaus do but Rebekah and Kol like me. I'm not sure why it means so much for me that her siblings like me. Guess that's what happens when you love someone. You want to make a good impression for all the people in their lives.

Except for her friends. They were shitty for making her choose between me and them. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that she chose me and for a moment there I thought she wouldn't.

But she did and after that happened is when I snuck out to find the perfect ring for her. I knew that if she would choose me over her friends, she would choose me over anything.

I've never thought of getting married before. Shit, I've never thought I'd be in a serious relationship before but here I am.

I found a ring that I think she'll love, that will suit her but I don't know when to do it. Like is there a certain time these things are supposed to happen or is it like a spur of the moment type situation?

Of course, I have no one to ask because she is literally the only friend I have. Although google did have a lot of ideas but knowing Quinn, she won't want it to be some sort of big deal.

Maybe I should do it tonight.  I have no idea where she is taking me and who knows if the place we are going is even slightly romantic.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom and then we can leave." She says over her shoulder as she sets her bag down and steps into the bathroom.

I wait for her to shut the door before I go into my backpack and get the box. I'm wearing a black bomber jacket and this one has pockets on the insides as well as the outsides.

I slip the small box into the inside pocket and once I situate the jacket to make sure you can't see anything, Quinn walks out of the bathroom.

My heart begins to race and my stomach feels all weird again. She gives me a smile and tightens the backpack she is wearing. She takes it everywhere we go and I don't blame her. It's holding the weapon that's going to kill her brother.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Yep." I smile and follow her out of the door.

We walk down the stairs together, her in front of me when we are greeted by non other than Klaus at the bottom.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asks Quinn.

"Out. There's somewhere I want to take Kai." She answers and tries to side step but he moves in front over her.

"There are things we need to discuss." He moves his head to the side to look at me. "Privately."

I give him a small asshole smile and I can see it makes him angry. His jaw tightens and he huffs out a light breath.

"First off, anything you want to discuss with me, you can do it in front of Kai." She puts her hand on his chest and pushes him away." And second, we can talk about it later. It's my first time back home and there are things that I would like to do before you wrap me up in all of your bullshit."

She walks past him and as I'm about to, he grabs my arm.

"You better watch yourself." He whispers his threat.

"Or what?" I cock my head to the side.

"Or I'll kill you." He says blatantly.

"I'd like to see you try." I smile and shake free of his grip.