Chapter 36

*Smut*

Also this is a longer chapter!

The drive to Alaric's felt long and was very quiet. I was afraid another memory would surface on the way there but nothing came. Don't get me wrong I'm glad that I'm getting the memories back but it's just a matter of when they show up.

We are now sitting on Alaric's couch as him and Jo are in the chairs on the other side of the coffee table. Sat in their pajamas, they stare at me waiting for words to come out.

I stay silent for a bit trying to figure out what I want to say or what I want to ask. I'm nervous to be honest.

"What's going on Quinn?" Jo asks politely.

"Well uhm- you said I dated your brother... I was just wondering if you had any information about our relationship." I ask.

"Uh sure." She looks to Alaric then back to me. "Where should I start? You and Kai dated for about a year. You brought out this side of him that no one has seen before. Honestly we weren't even sure he was capable of showing any emotions until he met you."

My eyes start to water.

"You two really loved each other. I was surprised when my father told me that you two broke up because of your feelings for one another. We were told not to talk about it in front of him."

"That's the thing Jo." I wipe the wetness away from under my eye. "We never broke up. We were both compelled to forget each other."

"But how? Witches can't be compelled."

"They can if it's done by an original vampire. My brother compelled Kai and I to forget each other. I tried to ask him why he did it and the only information he gave me was because he was asked to." I tell her.

Her hands fold together in her lap as she takes in a deep breath.

"That makes more sense now with how Kai acted after the whole situation." She says.

"Jo do you think your father asked my brother to compel Kai and I?" I lean forward.

"That's the only person I can think of." She answers. "He hated Kai, I mean I wasn't much of a fan of him either but our father despised him. He could have easily asked someone to do it."

I nod my head. Part of me knew that was going to be the answer because of what Kai told me his father would do to him. I wonder if Jo knew about the abuse.

"Quinn... I'm sorry that all these memories are coming back now when Kai is locked away in that prison world but you do know he is there for the best, right? I mean what he did to my family... it was terrible." She leans towards me to rest her hand on mine.

Oh god she doesn't know.

"Jo... I- uhm Kai... he's not in the prison world anymore."

"What?" She let's go of my hand. "What do you mean he isn't in the prison world anymore."

"It's a long story but I got set to the same exact one and when Bonnie and Damon rescued me we brought him back."

"Why would you do that?" She asks angrily. She stands up to start pacing around the room.

"When I was in there we got really close and I couldn't just leave him in there all alone." I stand up to walk over to her.

"Do you understand what you did?" Alaric stops me from reaching Jo. "He's going to come for her."

"No I promise I won't let that happen." I look over to Jo. "He is just after your father."

"Leave." She says running her hand over her mouth.