Chapter 25

*Warning: Talk of abuse

I love all of you so much <3

Kai POV:

I stare at her as the look in her eyes grows darker, her body filling with anger. I know it has only been a couple months since she has been here but this is a new look. The anger that is stirring inside her about to explode... it's kind of hot.

She is pacing back and forth in the bathroom, one hand gripped on her towel to keep it wrapped around her and the other is running through her wet hair. I know I should try to calm her down but what is the point? In this moment she is pissed and needs to get her anger out.

And that's what she does.

She lets out a scream so powerful that the bathroom mirror shatters in an instant. I shield my face with my arms as her voice sends shards of glass flying all over the room. When she finally stops screaming, I lower my arms to see her just standing there still holding her towel, with her other arm down at her side. Her breath is frantic trying to regain all the air that just left her body.

The glass lies in a circle around her but there are no marks on her body. She keeps her eyes on the wall where the mirror used to be.

"Quinn..." I say with caution.  I don't want to say anything or do anything right now that is going to set her off again.

She brings her eyes to mine but doesn't say anything. Instead, she leaves her spot in the center of the glass stepping on the sharp pieces as she leaves the bathroom. Walking right past me I look down to see blood from her feet being trailed across the floor. I turn and leave the bathroom to follow her steps when I find her sifting through the pictures that I had left out on the shelf.

"What are you doing?" I slowly walk up to her.

"I'm seeing if there are any other pictures of us." She quickly moves through the polaroids. I'm starting to notice her American accent slipping away as a British one slowly comes out.

"That one was the only picture I saw." I reassure her. "Why do you think it was here? You said the last time you were here was 1919. So why was all your stuff here in 1994?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know... probably because Klaus was keeping my room the same for me if I ever decided to come home."

She must have realized her voice changed because she quickly lost the beautiful accent. She drops the photos on the ground as she looks through the drawer. The towel starting to become loose on her body so I walk away and grab her something to wear. Reaching into my bag I grab a t-shirt for her and head back over to where she is still looking through photos

"Here." I hand it to her. She looks at the shirt then to me.

"Why are you giving me your shirt?" She asks.

"Because the towel is about to fall off and I figured you wouldn't want to tear apart your room naked."

She takes the shirt from me, lets the towel fall and then quickly slides the material over her head and arms. Now that she doesn't have to worry about holding the towel up, her movements become quicker. She is pushing things around in the drawer and I watch as they spill out.

"You're not really going to try and kill him...are you?" I ask.

"Why shouldn't I? He stole everything from me Kai. He always kept me by his side, I never got to do anything fun outside of the family... and Jesus Kai, we knew each other and from what I saw in the picture we were pretty fucking happy."

"Yeah but-" I start to say.

"But what?!" She throws her hands in the air. "Are you really going to sit here and tell me I shouldn't kill him when you plan to kill your own father!?"