Chapter 15

Thank you for 1,000 reads!!! This one is a long chapter with smut :)

At a point in the story you will see *Start Song. You'll just have to scroll up and hit play on the video in the header and then keep reading! Then at another point you will see *Stop Song and then just finish the chapter.

I wanted to try something different :)

In the distance I see a wooden canopy set up with lights hanging from the fabric on the roof. A glass table sits underneath with wicker chairs placed at its edges. Candles and a small bouquet of flowers inhabit the center of the table. Lined as a walkway, there are bright garden lights guiding us to the beautiful view.

I hear music softly playing in the distance and I get a small scent of food. Kai holds his arm out for me to wrap mine around. As I do he moves us down the grass lit aisle. Once we are closer to the table I can now see the food that I had been smelling, Chicken parmesan and there are two glass bottles sitting by the flowers. One is a bottle of wine and the other a bottle of champagne. He pulls out my chair allowing me to take my seat.

"Kai this is all so beautiful." I say as I am still in shock. Who knew someone as sadistic as him could put all this together. "But why did you do all this?"

"I never really got to celebrate New Years Quinn, even when I wasn't stuck in this place. Being here alone I didn't want to do any celebrating because what is the point you know?" He pours us both a glass of wine.  "But now that you are here I don't see why we shouldn't celebrate. And since you can't spend it with your friends, I wanted to make it special for you."

I stare at him in disbelief as he sips his wine. "Who are you and what have you done with the Kai Parker I met when I first got here?"

"What I can't do nice things for you?" He laughs.

"No you can but it is just strange to me. First the whole Christmas thing and now this?" I finally take a sip of my wine, closing my eyes to savor the sweet taste.

"I mean do you want me to make your life a living hell? Because that would be a long forever."

"I most certainly do not want that." I wave my hand declining his offer.

"Then just enjoy this Quinn." He lifts his glass as a toast. I smile, lifting mine to meet his.

As we eat our food Kai asks me all these question about what life was like before I came here. How times have changed. The first thing I tell him about is technology and how I miss it. He squints his eyes at my words in confusion and I tell him about cellphones, how you can call, text, listen to music and so much more. He tells me that it sounds weird and he would stick with his pager he loves so much. I told him about the evolving fashion and how some of the 90s trends are coming back. To this he laughed and said that it is something he could get used to. This felt so normal. Sitting here with him and just talking.

We finished our food and a couple more glasses of wine and we just sat there just talking about everything and anything for awhile. I didn't even realize many hours have past. I slouch back in my seat placing my hand over my stomach comforting it from the fullness that was still there from his delicious food. Kai smiles as he pour us another glass. He checks his watch for the time and tells me we have about an hour until it is midnight.

*Start Song

Something starts to play on the small radio and with my head feeling light from the alcohol it makes me want to dance. Getting up I walk over to Kai and hold out my hand, wiggling my fingers. He looks from my hand to my eyes and tilts his head to the side.

"Dance with me." I place my hand closer to him waiting for him to grab it.

"No thanks. I don't dance." He rejects.