Chapter 2

The Salvatore Boarding house is now in my vision. The windows are lit up and I see smoke coming out of the chimney. I walk up to the front door, hesitating before I open it. They are all going to be so surprised and happy to see me. I turn the handle on the door and push it open.

I am greeted with silence... although I see the source of the smoke coming from the top of the house. I walk into the living room to find no one there to enjoy the warmth of the fire.

"Stefan?" I yell out but no answer. "Damon?" I yell again and still nothing.

My eyes meet the fire again and I hold my gaze, entranced with the movement of the flames. Once I break my contact I scan my eyes around the room again. It is late, maybe they are asleep.

I swiftly move up the stairs heading towards Stefans room. Opening the door, I see all of his belongings in their rightful place but no sign of him. I run my finger along his journals stacked neatly on the shelf, most of which I have read.

Stopping when I reach his full length mirror and to stare at myself. I look a complete mess; my green eyes tired, my light auburn hair gone crazy due to all the wind and my outfit is filthy from kneeling in the woods.

I take my eyes off the mirror because I didn't want to look at myself anymore. I should shower but I need to find everyone first. Seeing how Stefan isn't in his room I make my way to Damons room. I walk through the open door but there is still no one.

Something doesn't feel right. It is to quiet. The silence is actually deafening and is driving me-

*knock knock*

I turn my head fast towards Damons open door. I slowly move into the hallway making my way towards the stairs. I know that couldn't be Stefan or Damon knocking because well, they live here. Why would they knock?

Finally I am downstairs walking down the long hallway leading to the front door. I pause with the door in my sight. "Hello?" I call out.

*knock knock*

I move towards the door, placing my shaking hand on the knob turning it until I hear the click that lets me know I am able to open the door. I swing the door open and see nothing. There is no one standing there.

"Great Quinn... you are hearing things." I sigh. There is no way in hell I am stepping foot outside of this house to see if anyone is hiding out there so I shut the door, locking it before I walk away.

I make my way to the fire again standing in front of it, this time enjoying the heat. I close my eyes letting the feeling consume me. Feeling myself starting to get tired, I decide to go upstairs and go to bed.

As I enter Stefans room I strip out of my clothes and find something of his to wear. I choose a flannel and a pair of his sweats and fall into his bed. My eyes start to become heavy and before I know it I'm asleep.

"Do it!" he shouts.

"I don't want to...please don't make me.." My voice is cut off when he slams me up against a wall, his eyes focused on mine.

"Kill them...now."

Author Note:

Welcome to the end of chapter 2!! Sorry this was a shorter chapter. I promise things will get more interesting :)

Who do you think Quinn was dreaming about?? Who does she have to kill??