Chapter 6

I finish putting all my jeans away in Stefans drawers and hung my shirts in the closet. I didn't say much to Kai after he sprung the news that we live the same day over and over again. I think my mind is just exhausted from everything... from not knowing why I was sent here to not knowing if I will ever be able to get out. That is a great question I will have to ask Kai later. Right now I just want to relax and let all of this settle in because I haven't given myself the chance to let it.

I lie on Stefans bed, closing my eyes letting my mind wander...it slowly starts to go to my nightmare...which I guess wouldn't really be a nightmare if it actually happened. Could that be the reason I got sent here? But who would have sent me here? It isn't like I had a choice in the matter when it came to that situation...like literally no choice.

I can feel myself start to fall asleep when I hear footsteps walking up the stairs. Kai clears his throat.

"What do you want?" I ask without moving.

"Oh good you're up. I was afraid I woke you." His footsteps getting louder as he gets closer. I feel a dip in the bed where his body is now taking place.

I prop myself up on my elbows. "You would feel bad if you woke me up from a nap but not for hurting me?" I hold my arm up revealing my bruise.

His eyes don't move from mine. "That will heal."

"You're a dick." I push myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to grab a towel.

When I walk out Kai has his back on Stefans headboard with his legs stretched out in front of him. I walk over to the dresser and pull out a pair of sweats and a long sleeve. Kai doesn't take his eyes off of my the entire time.

"You know? I can't picture you with Steven." I turn to see him throwing something in the air and catching it.

"His name is Stefan..." I correct him. "And why?" I turn to shut the drawer. Resting myself on the dresser as I face Kai and await his reasoning.

"He just doesn't seem like your type." Standing up, he walks to the shelves where Stefan keeps his journals. "You seem like you would go for the bad boy..." he smirks. "Don't get me wrong, Steven did seem to have his dark days, being a ripper and all, but he still seems like a softy." His fingers caresses the old bindings.

"You read his journals?" My eyes widen. He goes to pull one out but I rush over and slam it back in between the two that were holding it up. My chest is rising and falling quickly out of anger. How dare he read his journals? That is a total invasion of privacy.

"Quinn..." He steps closer to me but stopping when his body hits the folded towel placed between us. "What else am I supposed to do with my time here? Which might I remind you is forever."

He lets his eyes wander from my face down to the towel in-between us. He tilts his head to the side before bringing it back up, wondering why I have the towel in the first place.

"I'm going to take a bath." I answer his stare. I try to walk around him but he stops me.

"Is that an invite?" He moves his hand and lowers the towel that is blocking our bodies from touching.  My eyes follow his hand as he lets the towel drop to the floor.

I bring my eyes back up to his face when I see him bite his lower lip. Kai inches his face towards mine but stops to leave a small gap. I can tell he is waiting for me to lean myself closer to close the space.

Moving my head just a little bit until our lips are about to touch, I stop. "No. It's not."

I back away to see the annoyed look on his face. Given him a small smile I reach down and snatch up the towel and head to Damons room.

                               ——

The bath has filled up and the bubbles are almost spilling out of the top. I found some candles hidden in Damon's closet and now that I have undressed, I get into the tub letting my head lean back on the white acrylic edging. My eyes shut and I soak in the warmth of the water. The only sound entering my ears at this moment is the movement of the water and the little droplets falling from the faucet.

That is until I hear footsteps trudging into the bathroom. I quietly groan at the thought of Kai being in here. Can't I just have a second to myself? Opening my eyes I see him enter in just his jeans with a towel draped over his shoulder. I catch myself looking at his bare skin before quickly shutting my eyes.

I can almost hear his smirk. "It's okay to look Quinn. I know you want to."

"You wish." I open my eyes focusing on his.  "What are you doing in here anyways?"

"Showering." He answers as he unbuttons his jeans. Kai walks over to the glass shower and turns the handle making the water fall out of the shower head.

"And you had to choose this shower?" I narrow my eyes at him once he is back in my vision.

"It has the best water pressure." He shrugs his shoulders. He tucks his thumbs into the waistband of his boxers and pulls them down. A gasp falls from my mouth and I immediately shut my eyes.

"Jesus Kai!" I yell. "Why would you do that? I have a boyfriend...you can't just get naked in front of me!"

"A boyfriend you're never going to see again..." I hear his voice go towards the shower and then I cautiously open my eyes seeing he is out of my view.

"You don't know that... I could see him again." I mutter.

"We aren't getting out of here Quinn..." he pauses," you want to take a road trip with me for Thanksgiving? I'm gonna head to Oregon to my family home and I was thinking it would be fun! The two of us on the open road. Who knows what could happen."

"No thanks." I don't hesitate with my response. I start to drain the tub and quickly grab my towel. I hold it up to make sure he won't see any part of me before stepping out.

"What so you're just gonna stay here alone for a whole week? You won't be able to handle that." I hear him laugh.

"I'll be fine." I get the towel wrapped around me and pick up the clothes I was going to change in to.

As I start walking away I hear him say something about getting in the shower to rinse off the rest of the bubbles. I look down at my arms and legs realizing that I still have bubbles from the bath all over me. Whatever I'll wipe them off.

I need a break from Kai and I've only been here a couple of days. So a week alone... How bad could that be?

I feel like it's been awhile since I've posted. Sorry about that! I've been so exhausted and I didn't want to write when I wasn't 100% in it.

This chapter is a little longer so hopefully that makes up for it!

How do you think Quinn will handle being by herself for an entire week?