Chapter 63

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Quinn's POV:

I'm engaged!

I wasn't expecting Kai to propose to me here in New Orleans. I was really thinking he wouldn't have done it until further down the road. But I'm not complaining because I am so happy!

The ring is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad he didn't go with the normal diamond ring that everyone has.

After the surprise proposal and amazing sex, we decided to leave Kols hideout and head back to the compound. Not that I wanted to share the news with Klaus and Elijah but they are going to have to know at some point.

The person I really want to tell is Rebekah. She will be over the moon happy for me. I just need to figure out where her and Marcel are staying so I can go to them.

Kai and I walk hand in hand down Bourbon Street. The sun has set and all of the street lights are turned on casting a glow on the busy street. Music is starting to lightly play as food from the restaurants and street vendors begin to fill the air.

What a beautiful end to a perfect night. I look over to Kai who is taking in the scenery and then I glance at my ring. I hold my free hand up and stare at the emerald diamond.

"You hate it." Kai's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

My gaze goes from the ring to him and I give him a smile. "No Kai. I absolutely love it. What made you choose an emerald diamond?"

He stops us from our walk and turns to face me. I follow his lead when he brushes my hair behind my ears.

"Because it matches your eyes." He smiles. "And I think your eyes are beautiful and unlike any I've seen before. They are unique and I wanted to get you a ring that was just as unique."

I feel tears starting to form as I let his words sink in. He leans forward and places a soft kiss on my lips then pulls away.

"Come on." He grabs my hand and leads the way.

We get back to the compound and as soon as we step in I can hear Klaus and Elijah talking up in the dining room. Climbing the stairs, I head towards the room with Kai following behind me.

I make my appearance through the double doors and clear my throat making them stop talking to look at me.

"Ah there she is!" Klaus hits the table with his palm then looks to Kai with confusion. "And you... how are you feeling? You look as if you feel fine."

"Oh me?" Kai points to himself. "I feel fantastic. Your venom was killing me but I just siphoned it out. Quick and easy."

Elijah looks confused as he looks from Kai to Klaus. "That's not possible."

"But it is. I can siphon magic, we've been over this. The venom from your bite is magic so I just... well you get where I'm going." Kai says.

Klaus looks agitated and lets out a huff. "Guess I'll just have to find another way to kill you won't I? But now that you are back Quinn, we need to discuss the plan."

"In a second, we have some news..." I start to say.

"Quinn sit down. We don't have much time." Klaus interrupts me.

Anger builds up inside me but then I feel Kai's hand rest gently on my back. I take my eyes off my brothers to look at him and he mouths that it's okay. I nod my head and go to take a seat next to Klaus.

"I told you he can't be around when we talk about this." Klaus says to me.

"And I told you that whatever you want to talk about with me, you can say it in front of Kai." I take my seat.