Chapter 31

Warning: Abusive acts in this chapter from Kai's dad.

*cough* be prepared for smut

Kai's POV:

I'm sitting in my room minding my business when he barges in. He is angry about something... probably something to do with me.

He doesn't say a word just storms in and grips my arm. He tears me from my bed leading me to the door and down the stairs. Even though I know where he is taking me, I still try to put up a fight that I know I won't win. We walk out of the back door and straight to the barn.

I don't know what I did this time to piss him off but I can tell it was bad. He slides the barn door open and throws me inside so I land hard on the ground. I let out a small groan as my head hits the floor giving me an instant headache.

He closes the door behind him then he walks over to me. I'm on my hands and knees about to push myself up when his foot meets my ribs making me collapse to the floor. I clench my eyes shut at the immediate pain.

"Do you know what you did to deserve this?"  His foot meets my side again.

I cry out in pain. "No!"

"Of course you don't because you don't think anything you do is ever wrong." He walks over to where Jo keeps her gear and grabs the whip.

"No dad please... whatever I did... I'm sorry." I apologize and plead.

"How dare you call me that? You are not my son and you never will be." He raises the whip and lashes it onto my back. I scream from the burning pain as he brings the leather whip down on me again... and again.

I let out another scream only to realize that now I am awake. Sweat is dripping off of my face and I am finding it hard to breathe. I gasp for air when I hear the bedroom door open and see a shadow coming near me.

The moonlight is the only thing that is lighting up the room plus my vision is a little blurry so I can't make out who it is. For a moment I am afraid it is my father but then I realize who it is when she is on the bed holding my face in her hands.

"What happened?" Quinn asks as she frantically searches my eyes.

I finally catch my breath and I pull her into me. I hold her so tight that I'm afraid I might break her but I need her as close to me as possible. She drapes her arms around my neck at the embrace.

"It's okay." She says into my ear.

I bury my face into her neck as she repeats her words telling me that it's okay and that she is here now. The images of my dream slowly start to fade away every time she speaks. I loosen my grasp around her and she brings her eyes to meet mine.

"Kai what happened?" She asks again.

"Bad dream." I say not wanting to go into detail. I bring my hand to her cheek and stroke her flawless skin with my thumb. "You are so beautiful."

Her lips turn into a smile at the compliment. I sit here and just take her in for a moment before I put my lips on hers. The kiss is full of passion and she melts under my touch. Our mouths move over each other in a slow motion as we try to savor each kiss.

I lay her back onto the bed so her head rests on the pillow and then I place myself next to her. I prop myself up so I am aligned with her face lowering my lips to her. We don't kiss for long before she breaks it.

"Kai.." She whispers.

"I know. " I sigh as I lower my head knowing its because they are here.

"Can I ask you something?" I hear her say.