Chapter 5

"You mean that this could all have been a mistake?" Kai stands up leaving our leftover food and plates at the table. I stand up and start to follow him towards the door. The sun blinds me for a bit once I step outside making me place my hand over my eyes and squint.

"You don't get sent to a prison by mistake Quinn." He yells over his shoulder, still making his way to the car. He stops in front of the drivers door but doesn't open it.

"Someone obviously meant to send you to a Prison World but they must have got their wires crossed and sent you to this one. You should be thankful." He finally pulls the handle on the car door allowing it to open.

"Thankful?" I ask in disbelief. Becoming irritated he slams the car door shut, which makes me jump. Kai walks quickly towards me not stopping until his body is inches from mine. I can feel his hot breath on my face as I scan my eyes down his face, stopping at his lips then pulling them back up to his piercing eyes.

"Yes Quinn, thankful." He points his finger at my face. "Because you should have been sent somewhere to spend the rest of your life all alone but you got sent here with me." There is anger in his voice. My breathing starts to quicken.

I blankly stare into his eyes. "And I should be thankful for-"

"Yes!" He throws his arms up in the air out of frustration. "Being alone for a long period of time sucks, okay? No one to talk to...no one to... touch." He stops speaking to lightly place the tip of his finger on the back of my hand. "So be thankful you don't have to go through that."

Kai separates his finger from my hand to run his hands through his dark hair before backing away towards the car. I stay still, watching him walk away from me with his eyes on the pavement.

"Kai," my voice is soft, "how long have you been here?" I don't move from my spot and he doesn't move from his. He fumbles with the metal keys in his hand debating if he wants to tell me his answer. I take one step forward and one step only before he makes up his mind.

"Eighteen years." My hand shoots up to my mouth and a gasp falls from my lips. "Don't give me that look." His voice went from sad to angry within seconds.

"What look?"

"Like you feel sorry for me. "He snaps. "I don't want your pity Quinn. Now get in the car so we can go back to the house." His anger begins to make me angry. How can he just flip his switch like that? My feet are glued to the ground but my eyes follow him as he goes to get in the car. He stops in his tracks when he notices that I'm not following his orders.

"Get in the damn car Quinn!" He shouts.

"No." I mutter trying to keep my voice strong. He is making his way back to me but this time he doesn't stop. He pushes me back against the rough brick with his hands on either side of my head. "Just because I am the first person you have had a social interaction with in almost 20 years doesn't mean you can talk to me like that! So stop telling me what to do!"

He sucks in his bottom lip and removes his hand from the cold brick down to my wrist, gripping so tight it will probably leave a bruise. His face moves closer to mine, his mouth making its way towards my ear stopping just inches away.

"Then why don't I just make you?" Kai whispers. My eyes widen at his words and a cold rush of air attacks my ear when he removes his mouth. He turns his body to drag me to the car with his grip tightening so I can't break free.

We reach the car and he leans down to grab the handle with his free hand. At this point I would rather walk back to the house than get in this car with him. An idea pops into my head that I know will just make him even angrier but right now I don't care. With the snap of my fingers we hear a popping sound coming from the front of the car.

Kai halts and lets go of my arm as he rushes to the newly flat tire. "Are you fucking kidding me Quinn?!"

"You'll fix that right?" I grin, proud of my action. "There is an auto mechanic store just over there." I lift my arm up pointing my finger across the square. He follows my gesture and lets out a loud sigh then starts to say something but I have already started to walk away so his sound is muffled.

I don't want to go back to the house right now so I decide to shop around for a little since I have none of my clothes here. Sure, I like wearing Stefans stuff but it would be nice to wear clothes that actually fit me. I stumble upon a store that I find interesting and make my way inside. The racks look as if they just put new shirts out. The jeans and other bottoms are folded neatly on the shelves.

I go behind the counter for a shopping bag and start shoving things inside of it. I grab a couple different colored flannels, some plain t-shirts and tank tops as well as shorts and loose fit jeans.

After getting another bag, I make my way to the back of the store where I find the shoes. I grab some white tennis shoes, black boots and some sandals. I look down at the mess in my bags and choose to be done for the day. I dread going back to the house but I can't hang out here all day.

The walk back to the Salvatores' was a lot longer than I anticipated. My feet start to get sore from the weight of my body so when I see the house clear in my vision I get excited. Approaching the house I notice Damons Camaro is sitting in its normal spot. Guess Kai had no trouble fixing the tire.

Speak of the devil.

"Went on a little shopping spree?" He nods towards the bags as he props himself up on the low brick wall. I head towards the front door planning on ignoring him but then sky starts to get dark which makes me turn my body. I walk over to where Kai is standing and we both stare up at he sky.

"Is that a solar eclipse?" Not taking my eyes off what was happening above us. I remember seeing that in the newspaper Kai showed me this morning before pointing out the date.

"Yep..happens everyday." I sense the annoyance in his voice. He brings his eyes to me noticing the expression on my face. "How did I leave this part out when I was telling you about this wonderful place? In a Prison world it's the same day over and over again....forever."