Chapter 23

Thank you for 6K views!!

You know what's funny? I don't even know what's gonna happen in the story hahaha it just kind of comes to me as I write.

So it's almost like I'm going along this journey with you guys!

This chapter is mainly dialogue, I didn't really feel like being descriptive 😂 I'm sleepy lol

Enjoy the chapter <3

"What do you mean it will put him down. Like kill him?" Kai asks as his eyes dart from me to the dagger I'm still holding in my hand.

"The daggers that he would use on my siblings, they would just send them into a slumber." I say.

"Slumber?" Kai laughs. "Careful Quinn, your old age is showing."

"Shut up!" I swat at his shoulder. "They would go into a deep sleep but the daggers would never work on Klaus because he is a hybrid. The thing with hybrids is that they are harder to kill let alone put down temporarily."

"Have you tried the normal daggers?" He questions.

"Yes." I tell him. "I mean I haven't but Kol did once. He shoved it right into his chest and Klaus pulled it right back out. That's when he knew he had to alter it."

"Do you think this is in the same place in the real world?" He looks at the dagger that is still in my hand.

"I don't know." I say. "That's why I'm gonna take this one."

His eyes meet mine as he furrows his brows. "You're going to take this with us... if we get out?"

"Yes." I said. "Kai I'm going to have to put Klaus down so he can't do anything like this to me again."

"If we get out of here I'll make sure he doesn't do anything to you." His hand rest on my cheek as his finger glide over my lips stopping in the center.

"No offense Kai." I kiss his thumb. "You don't stand a chance against him.

"Rude." He pretends to be offended. "Wait til I siphon some magic and then we will see who is more powerful." He plants a kiss on my lips then moves to the corner of my mouth.

"And then once I'm done defeating your brother." He kisses the corner moving slowly to my jaw. "I'll move on to Steven."

"Kai." I lean back. "Promise me that when we get out of here you won't go after Stefan."

"What- why not?" He shrugs his shoulders. "It's not like you still have feelings with him."

I squint my eyes at his words. "I never said that."

"If you still had feelings for him we wouldn't be having sex all the time."

"Kai it's complicated okay?" I grab my shirt from the table and start to put it on. When the fabric uncovers my eyes I see that he took a step away from me.

"Then explain it to me." He scoffed.

"Stefan and I were together for a long time Kai. Feelings like that don't just go away. Not like you would know what those are." I whisper the last part.

"Excuse me?" His eyes go wide like he couldn't believe what I just said to him.

I bring my eyes to meet his. "You're a sociopath Kai. You don't have feelings for anyone but yourself!"

"Quinn that's-"

"Don't even sit here and try to tell me it's not true because I know that's what you're going to say. If it isn't true then what is this between us?" I push myself off the table putting my feet on the ground,  waiting for his answer.