Chapter 29

Play with Fire - Used primarily to advise someone against a course of action that may result in an unpleasing outcome either for themselves or others around them.

Just wanted to put that definition out there ^

I also want to say I love reading all your comments 😂

My eyes dart between Damon and Bonnie. They can't be serious.... when I bring my eyes up to Kai I can tell he is getting angry. His eyes start to grow darker as his jaw muscles tighten.

"You know Damien...it's Damien right?" He starts to speak. "I think you'd really like me once you got to know me. I mean that's what happened with Quinn."

I bite the inside of my cheek as my face starts to heat up. They already saw me in his shirt and the hickeys scattered on my neck. Can he not do this?

"Watch it dick." Damon lifts his finger pointing it at Kai.

"Just stating the facts." Kai holds up his hands in defense.

"Kai..." I say through my teeth.

"What? Am I wrong?" He trails his finger up my arm.

"Get your hands off of her." Damon snaps as he grabs Kai's wrists.

"Awe ... are you afraid I'm going to hurt her? Don't worry... I've been taking really good care of her." He winks with a evil grin.

In one swift move Damon has Kai pinned up against a wall with his hand strong on his neck. Kai smirks knowing he got a rise out of him which only makes Damon angrier. He brings Kai forward a little only to shove him back against the cement causing the structure to crack a little at the impact.

"Damon stop it!" I yell.

"Do you know how easy it would be for me to snap your neck?" Damon spits through his teeth.

"You really want to play with fire Damon? Go ahead... because you've already made an enemy out of me." His smile fades as his clenches his teeth together. "So do it."

Damon's hand tightens around Kai's neck cutting off some of his air supply but it only makes another smile break out on Kai's face. He really is crazy isn't he?

"DO IT!" Kai shouts with rage in his voice.

The volume of his words makes Bonnie and I jump.  I've never heard him yell like that before, I mean sure he yelled at me a couple times when I first got here but not with that much anger.

"With pleasure." Damon goes to snap his neck but stops as the room gets darker. We all look up to the sky above the courtyard to see the moon sliding slowly across the sun.

"Well would you look at that... the solar eclipse." Kai laughs. "Guess you have to wait til tomorrow to get out of here."

Damon's face twist with anger as he looks back to Kai and snaps his neck. A gasp falls from my lips even though I know Kai isn't really dead. I think I'm more worried about what's going to happen when he wakes up.

"Damon!" I shout.

"Oh come on Quinn... I know your brain is fuzzy from all the sex you've apparently been having with this guy, which might I add... isn't Stefan." He walks towards me. "But you heard him, he's a sociopath. We couldn't take any chances of him getting out with us and killing more people."

"Oh yeah... because you're such a saint!" I yell at him as he begins to walk away.

He stops at my words and turns to face me. "Don't even compare me to him."