Chapter 12

A longer chapter as promised. I stayed up late just to finish this for you guys so you are welcome :)

It has been a couple weeks since Kai and I slept together. I've honestly been trying to avoid him every chance I got. Not because the sex was bad...it was actually really, really good... but because I was feeling guilty. Guilty for sleeping with him when I am technically still with Stefan. I know that I'm never going to see him again but I can't help feeling this way.

Every time Kai would enter a room I would leave. I would lock my bedroom door behind me so he wouldn't come in because let me tell you, he has tried. I would even cloak myself while leaving the house so he wouldn't follow me. I know I can't hide from him much longer given we are stuck in this place together...forever.

I sigh lying in the bed as I play with my fingers building up the strength and courage to leave the room to go downstairs. It's lunch time and I am starving. Even more now that I can smell whatever he is cooking in the kitchen. I smack my hands on the mattress and lift myself up. I throw on a navy blue flannel over my white tank top and a pair of leggings. Walking down the stairs I hear music coming from the kitchen. As I get closer I am able to hear it better over the rustling sound of dishes.

Christmas music?

I slowly walk into the doorway leaning myself on its frame. The first thing I see is Kai who has his back to me flipping something in the skillet. I swear to god if he is making pancakes I will march myself right back upstairs.

Once I take my eyes off of him I then see the decorations. There are colorful Christmas lights hanging from the kitchen ceiling and tinsel garlands lining the black island counter. I take a couple more steps in to see little snowman placed throughout the room.

From the kitchen I can see the dining room where the table has four tiny houses set up with all their lights on and Poinsettias sitting in between each of them. I walk until I reach the counter and then I hear Kai softly singing along to the music. I think he feels my presents because he turns around putting his eyes directly on me.

"Well hello stranger." He smirks making my stomach flutter. Jesus Quinn knock it off.

"Hi." Is all I can say.

"Are you done avoiding me?" He takes a sip of his drink.

"I wasn't avoiding you..." I roll my eyes at my own answer. I'm not sure why I lied since it is obvious I was avoiding him. I make my way over to the island and pull put one of the round stools sitting on it so I am now across from him.

"Let me guess." He begins to say as he pops a tomato into his mouth. "You didn't want to see me because one look and we would be having sex again. And if thats the case,"He leans into the counter a little, "I'll bend you over the dining room table right now."

His eyes are filled with lust and it feels like they are burning my into skin. This is also why I was avoiding him. Not only was I feeling guilty about having sex with him but there was a part of me that was afraid I would let it happen again. He just created an image for me in my mind of us that I try to blink away.

I readjust in my seat. "Thats not why."

"Hmm..so it was that bad? Because it seemed like you were enjoying yourself.." He continues to cook which I now learned is grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and salad.

"No Kai..I'll admit it wasn't bad." I grab a round tomato from the bowl in front of me. "But I technically still have a boyfriend. In the moment it felt right but now it just feels wrong."

"When are you going to realize that you're never gonna see your sweet Steven again." He turns to grab plates from the cabinet followed by utensils. He places the plates on the counter and starts dishing the food out.

Play With Fire (Kai Parker)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara