Chapter 28

It's been a few days since we found the picture of us. Since Kai opened up about his father. We've spent lot of the days in bed tangled up in each other. This morning is no different.

"When are you wanting to head back to Mystic Falls?" I ask him while my head lays in his bare chest. I trail my fingers down his stomach, to his hips then back up again.

While I repeat this motion, his fingers are softly brushing my back as we lie under the sheets. We have been in New Orleans for almost a week and I didn't know how long we would actually stay.

"Whenever you're ready to leave." I feel his head lift up for a moment to press his lips to my hair.

I lift up to smile at him but his eyes are shut. He looks so peaceful laying here with me next to him and his arm tucked under his head. Thinking that he might be trying to fall asleep, I start to push myself up on the bed which makes his eyes open to look at me.

"The bed however, we can't leave just yet." He brings his arm out from under him to grab me, bringing me back down pressing a kiss on my lips.

"Kai we can't just spend the entire time we are here in bed. There's things I want to show you." I jerk my head forward to give him another kiss.

"I'm sure there are." He smirks against my lips as his hand wanders down to my ass. He gives it a hard slap making my body flinch. He bites his lip at my reaction.

"Not like that!" I let out a laugh and then suddenly he moves from under me so he is now hovering over top of me.

He presses his lips down to my neck causing my back to arch. I let my eyes shut to enjoy the feeling. He slowly starts sucking on the skin in different spots leaving marks and then kissing the sensitive areas.

"Then what else.." he says between kisses. "Could you possibly... want to show me?"

"There are some places I thought we could go to. And I would actually love to snoop around Klaus's room." I say.

The idea never dawned on me until now. I would love to see the things he has hidden away in there. Kai keeps his lips pressed to my skin as he wanders down to my chest.

"Kai!" I move my hands to his face to make him stare at me. "There are things I want to do." I laugh.

"Yeah me too." He grins tilting his head down between my breasts. His tongue slips out and draws a line up to my collarbone.

"Kai." My voice stern. Not that I wouldn't want to do this right now but the thought of looking around Nik's room is making me feel anxious to the point I just want to get it over with.

"Fine." He groans. "We will just have to finish my plan later."

He rolls off of me allowing me to get up. I slip on my underwear and go to throw the shirt he gave me back on but he is quick to meet me at the edge of the bed.

His legs hang off the edge and he pulls my hips closer to him. His fingers graze the bruises left on my hips.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

"It's okay." I tell him as his eyes focus on the markings. 

He holds his stare on them while his finger gently brush along the skin.

"You know I would never really hurt you... right?" He still doesn't look at me.

"Kai..." I take his hands in mine as I kneel down so my face is level with his. "I know you would never do anything to actually hurt me."