Chapter 39

Sorry it took so long to update and this is a shorter chapter 🥺

I also couldn't find a good photo/gif for this chapter lol

When I finally came to, I was sitting in between Kai's legs with my back to him, gasping for air. I feel his arms loosen around me and when I calm my breathing I turn to look at him.

His eyes look red, maybe from the lack of sleep he's been getting but they are wet. I can tell it isn't from the shower because the water has been turned off.

Was he crying?

"What just happened?" He leans us forward a little.

"Klaus compelled me to remember me and you. The memories that we had together keep coming back randomly."

"And this happens all the time? You passing out?" He asks.

"Basically." I rub the palm of my hands over my eyes.

"Well shit... you had me so worried I thought you were dying." He fakes a laugh trying to hide the fact he was really crying.

"Nope I'm very much alive." I give him a small smile.

He trails his fingertips down my back before pressing the palm of his hand to my wet skin. He nods his head to the side telling me to stand up so we can get out of the shower.

When we get out he wraps the towel around my body before wrapping one around himself. He leads me out to the bedroom and grabs a t shirt from the drawer, tossing it to me.

I drop the towel and replace it with his shirt. Walking over still with the towel around his waist he hands me a pair of his boxers.

"So what are these memories exactly?" He asks.

"Like I wanted to tell you before," I slide the boxers up my legs," I talked to your sister and she told me that you and I dated in 1993. So the memories are just of us when we were together."

"What have you remembered so far?" He sits on the bed.

"The first time we met, meeting your dad.." I watch as his eyes fall. "The sex."

His eyes shoot back up to mine at the words. I knew saying that would not make him think of his father.

"Oh yeah? And was it better back then or now?"

"Hmmm I'm not sure." I joke.

"Answer the question baby." He stands up from the bed to walk over to me.

He stops right in front of me. Breathing becomes difficult as he is stands in front of me and the water droplets are rolling down his skin. His fingers make their way slowly down my arm.

"If you want to know so bad then maybe you should get your memories back." I say.

His eyes stop scanning my body and meet mine.

"I can't." He folds his arms in front of him.

"Why not? I think it would be good for you to get these memories back. That way it's not only me taking a trip down memory lane." I tell him.

"I just can't right now Quinn. I need to have all my focus on my plans." He turns away from me.

"You don't think I wanted the same thing? I have plans too you know and now on top of those plans I have to deal with these memories flooding into my head whenever they want."

"This is what you wanted though, isn't it?" He turns on his heels to face me. "You wanted to figure out how we knew each other back then and you did."