Chapter 38

Hi!

We are almost to 30K views!!!

I love you all and thank you so much for your support ❤️

After last nights events we both passed out. I couldn't keep my eyes open and he looked as if he hadn't been sleeping in days. It wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't been sleeping because he told me that when he is alone he has the nightmares.

This morning I lay here in his bed, which is somehow in a dorm, with my head on his bare chest while my arm drapes over his stomach. Even in his sleep he's holding me tight as if he is afraid to let go.

I was so excited when I received his message. I've been wanting to see him and I should have thought of doing the same thing but where would I have had him meet me?

Surely not the Salvatore house.

I still haven't figured out how to tell Stefan about what happened between Kai and I. Whenever I think of a way to explain it to him, I get this huge pit in my stomach. It fills with guilt knowing that Stefan thought I was dead when I was sleeping with Kai.

Lifting my hand I start to trail my finger up his warm skin stopping just below his chest. His arms presses to my back tighter as if he is trying to pull me in closer which isn't possible.

"Good morning."

"Morning." His voice is still so tired.

"Do you want to explain why you are staying in a dorm on a college campus?" I shift my head to lay on his arm so I can see his face.

"I have my ways." He smirks. "I found out my youngest sister goes to school here. Her and her twin brother actually."

"So you have been staying here to what? Get to know them?" I ask.

"Kind of. They are in line for the merge and I can't let that happen because they can't be the ones to do it. It has to be me and Jo." He says staring at the ceiling.

"Speaking of Jo... I uh- talked to her about us." I lift my head to meet his.

He shifts his body so he's now on his side holding himself up using his forearm.

"What do you mean you talked to her? You know where she is?" He interrogates.

"Yeah.. she's dating one of our friends and she told me-" I try to tell him about the things she told me about us.

"Once I'm done dealing with the twins I'll have to come to Mystic Falls to see her." He cuts me off.

"Kai I told her you wouldn't come after her." I prop myself up on my elbows.

"Quinn, I kind of have to if me and her are going to merge." He states. "It won't be for a couple weeks though because that's when the next celestial event happens."

I turn my head so my eyes look up to the ceiling breaking the eye contact between us.

"What happens in the merge?" I ask him, my eyes still staring up in front of me.

"One of us absorbs the others magic making us powerful enough to lead the Coven." He explains.

"And you think you will win?" I look to him.

"I know I'll win baby." He plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"Then Jo wouldn't have her magic anymore?"

"Mhm." He places a kiss on my cheek. "Let's not talk about it anymore."

I fold my arms across my stomach as his lips trail down to my neck. Stopping in my favorite spot he starts to twirl his tongue around my delicate skin.