Chapter 47

I know exactly why Rebekah is in New Orleans.

Marcel.

One of Nicklaus' oldest friends. Actually Klaus treated him more like a son, took him in when he was young and once he was old enough and ready, Klaus turned him.

Marcel and Rebekah were in love but were they ever actually together? No. That is because Klaus made sure they couldn't be. He told Marcel that if him and Rebekah ever got together he would disown him.

Marcel looked up to Klaus so much that he never let himself be happy with Rebekah. Sure, they would sneak off here and there without Klaus knowing but it's not enough for them.

I bet Rebekah knows Klaus's whereabouts, that he is here in Mystic Falls. This way her and Marcel can freely have time together in New Orleans.

Knowing this is most likely the reason she is there, I don't want to ruin it. I want her to have her happiness so I will see her soon.

Maybe I'll wait until Kai has completed all he needs to and he can go with me. I would love to show him around New Orleans when there are people there and not just the two of us.

"At least now I know where she is. And for now she is safe with Marcel." I tell Kol.

"Ah great old Marcel." He sneers.

Kol always disliked Marcel. He felt as if Marcel took his place as the younger brother. For awhile he did but that was only because Klaus kept him locked away, daggered in his coffin.

When Klaus thought he was ready...no, deserving.. of coming back to us, he undaggered him but it was short lived.

Kol had threatened Marcel and Klaus wasn't having it. He quickly daggered Kol not even a week after he had come back.

"I know how you feel about him Kol but that really doesn't matter right now." I tell him truthfully. "Rebekah loves him and that's all that matters. Plus do you really care about what Klaus thinks anymore?"

"No not one bit." His leans back into the couch.

"Good. So let's let Rebekah be happy for awhile and then we will go and visit her, okay?"

"Sounds good to me." He gives me a smile. "But for now... where exactly are we staying? I'm sure the Salvatores still live here."

"Bad idea." Bonnie chimes in.

"What? Why? Stefan and I used to be somewhat friends back in the day. I'm sure he'd let us stay." Kol looks from Bonnie to me.

"Stefan and I dated for awhile and we recently broke up." I explain.

"Wait...but didn't you just say you have a boyfriend?" He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Klaus sent me to a Prison World for betraying him. Long story on that one but in the Prison World I met this guy named Kai. We got together and then found out that back in the 90's we dated. Only to have our memories erased by none other than Klaus himself."

"Kai Parker?" Kol asks.

"Yes- wait how do you know him?" I reposition myself so I'm facing Kol.