Chapter 46

Hi!!! Sorry for not updating in awhile!!

Thank you so much for 62K reads!!!!!

Kai's POV:

"What?" I ask again even though I heard her.

"When I went to see Klaus, I asked him who it was... the person who asked to erase our memories." She says. "He said it was you."

"But why would I even do that? He has to be lying." I tell her.

She shakes her head and begins to tell me how I asked him to erase her memories in case I died in the merge. And if that didn't happen but something else did, like my father and Jo betraying me, to erase my memories as well. I stare at her as a million thoughts run through my mind.

There are tears streaming down her face so I bring my thumb to her skin and wipe them away. How could I ever want to forget her? I mean I understand if I had died I guess I wouldn't want her to have to go through that pain. Fuck, I wouldn't want to have to go through that pain if I lost her.

Both of my hands are cupping her face and I pull her into me, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'm sorry I did that." I apologize. "Maybe I should get my memories back now and not wait until all this is over."

"After what I did, Klaus won't give them back to you... I just know it." She cries.

"Well then here has to be another way, right?"

"There is but it is a painful process Kai." She warns.

"Quinn, I would do anything for you." I reassure her.

"Okay." She nods. "But I'm not doing it until you've done all you need to do. The spell that I have to perform will be time consuming since the compulsion runs so deep."

I nod my head as I listen to her words. I don't care how painful or how long this process will be. I just want to remember our lives together before everything and to understand fully why I was the one who asked for us to be compelled.

"You should go." She says as her eyes are still on mine. "You have a long drive ahead of you."

"You sure you don't want to go with me?" I ask again.

"I can't Kai. I need to get back to Bonnies so I can figure out what to do with Kol."

"Okay." I kiss her lips as a goodbye and she gives me a soft smile. She backs away from me wiping the tears from her face as she turns to walk away.

 I hate this. 

Why do our lives have to be so fucking complicated? Why can't we just be together? I let out a sigh as I head back to Liv's car which she was kind enough to let me borrow. I may have threatened her but that's besides the point.

-

When I got back to the college dorms I headed straight for Liv's room. I need her and Luke to do something for me while I make this trip to Portland. With five angry knocks on her door she finally flings it open and is instantly annoyed when she sees me.

"What do you want?" She asks.

"I need another favor from you and Luke." I tell her. "Jo is going to do the merge-"

"She is?" Liv says in disbelief.

"Mhm but the problem is, she stored her magic away in something back home. So I need to go to Portland to get it which means I can't to what I wanted to do right now."

"Which is?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I need to find the ascendants. All of them." I mimic her stance. "I'm sure I can find the one that sent me away back at the house but I know there are other prison worlds."