Chapter 58

Thank you for 125K reads <3

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

Kai's POV:

I feel fucking amazing.

The amount of power that is always coursing through my body is electrifying. I wonder it this is what it feels like for normal witches?

No it can't be because I'm literally siphoning the magic from my vampirism and can feel every second of it. Quinn had said everything is heightened and she wasn't wrong.

I feel happy. Like actually happy that I don't know what to do with myself. I mean, I was happy before but that was only because I have Quinn in my life.

It's weird though. Not only am I feeling happy but I've been feeling other things too. For some reason I have been thinking back to Luke and how he died. Something in my chest hurts at the thought of it and even when I think about Liv.

It's like I care. Which I have only felt that way about Quinn. I only have ever cared for her so this is all so weird.

One thing I do not feel is regret. I don't regret killing Jo or my father. I don't feel bad that the entire Coven died along with them. They were all assholes.

I replay the night as I pack mine and Quinn's stuff for our trip to New Orleans. I wonder if she will take me around her family. She has been pretty quiet about her plan to kill Klaus but I know whatever it is, it's going to be fine.

She is asleep on the shitty bed and she looks absolutely beautiful. I still can't get over the fact that she's mine. How'd I get so lucky?

I walk over to her and plant a kiss on her temple.

"I'm going to run the bags out to the car." I whisper.

She gives me a sleepy nod in response.

Grabbing the bags, I walk out the door and head for Liv's car. The sight of it sends a wave of something... I'm not sure what... but it flows through my chest and my eyes start to get wet.

I shake my head hoping the feeling will go away which it eventually does. When I reach the backseat I set Quinn's stuff next to mine, which I made sure to pack up all my stuff before the events of the wedding.

I find my black bag and pull it over to me. Before I unzip the front pocket, I look behind me to make sure Quinn didn't come out.

Undoing the zipper I peak inside to double check I put it in there. Sitting inside is the black velvet box I got awhile ago. I had gotten it before she brought back some of my memories of us. I find myself smiling at the small little box and for what I have planned for this trip.

I put the box back in the pocket and zip it up. I don't want her to accidentally find it so I tuck the bag away underneath my others.

"Always and forever." I smile as I shut the car door.

When I get back into the room Quinn is still in the same position. I don't feel tired but I want to lay with her so I strip down to my boxers and climb under the covers.

As soon as I get comfortable I pull her into me. Her face nuzzles into my neck and my fingers lightly graze her bare back.

"Mmm that feels nice." The sleepy tone of her voice makes me smile.

"Thought you were asleep." I let out a soft laugh.

"Just a little." She moves closer.

"Well you should go to bed. We have a long drive tomorrow." I kiss her head. "Get some rest for the exciting things we have planned."