Chapter 13

So I tried something new and added a photo in the middle of the chapter :)

Hope you enjoy!

This morning I woke up with a mild hangover. I drank the rest of the wine in Stefans room and then passed out. I wanted to actually sleep peacefully through the night and not have any nightmares. Well it worked because I don't even remember having a dream at all. I really didn't want to get out of bed today but it's Christmas and Kai is really excited for it. Which I still find strange.

I peel myself out of the king size bed and make my way over towards the dresser. Rubbing my sleepy eyes while I pull out a pair of dark jeans and a cream colored sweater. I need to brush my hair so I head to the bathroom. Noticing a hair tie on the bathroom counter, I grab it and throw my hair up into a messy bun letting some strands fall in my face. Pleased with how I look I leave the bathroom and head downstairs.

It is quiet down here. The fire as died down and the tree isn't lit. There's no sign of Kai anywhere. I tread  to the kitchen thinking he could be in there cooking but when I enter I see no one. I shrug and decide to make breakfast. Might as well seeing how Kai is the only one that cooks around here.l and thank god because I can't cook at all.

Opening the steel refrigerator, I pull out the carton of eggs and milk. Before I shut the door I see a packet of bacon so I grab that too. Taking the ingredients to the counter I then find the bread and get out the pans. I set one on a burner for the eggs and the other for the bacon. I twist the knobs turning them to a medium heat and watch the gas stove come alive. I open the carton of eggs taking one out and start tapping it on the side of the skillet.

"Did you spray that?" I turn to see Kai standing there pointing at the burning pan.

"No I didn't."

"Well you probably should or the eggs are going to stick." He tells me.

He walks over to the cupboard and gets out a cooking spray. Standing next to me he opens the lid then presses down on the top letting the spray shower the pan. I feel his hand creep up on my lower back letting it rest in this position. My body tenses at his touch and I jerk my head to look at him. He finished spraying the pan and sets the bottle down giving me a smile.

"I appreciate you wanting to cook for us but why don't I take over?" He says guiding me to the kitchen stool.

"My cooking isn't that bad." I state as he sits me down.

"I'd rather not take any chances." He laughs as he walks over to the stove. I sigh placing my head in my hands slowly rubbing my temples. This headache just came out of nowhere.

"Is there any Tylenol?" I say without looking up.

"Awe does someone have a hangover?" He pretends to pout. I lift my eyes to him as he opens a cabinet grabbing a small white bottle. In the next cabinet he takes out a glass cup filling it with water.

"Thanks." I tell him once he sets it in front of me.

"Mhmm.." he hums.

I pop open the white bottle letting two pills fall into my hand. As I fill my mouth with water I notice two sweaters sitting on the edge of the counterm.

"What are those?" I ask after I swallow.

"Oh! I almost forgot." He walks over to them. He picks one up and hands it to me. I unfold the green material to reveal kittens wearing Santa hats. There is gold glitter lining the cats. I shift my eyes up to see the words "Meowy Christmas" stitched in red thread. I look over to Kai who already has his on. His sweater is red with snowmen on it.