Chapter 54

Buckle up!!!!

And you may want to grab some tissues.... Because I about cried while writing this.

Quinn's POV:

It took awhile but I got Kai back to the motel room I've been staying at. After he won the merge I couldn't bare to be by Jo and Luke anymore.

Her tears were silent but they were so powerful. Her heartache broke my heart in two. Luke's twin sister has no idea what happened... I can't even imagine how she's going to take the loss of her brother.

Kai was weak after the merge. The spell and the transfer of all that magic really did a number on him. Once we got inside the room I laid him on the bed and immediately went into the bathroom.

I needed a second to myself. I've been trying to be strong for him because of how happy he was that he won but... fuck it was just too much.

My hands meet the sink as I stare at my reflection, watching the tears pool out of my eyes. I drop my head and squeeze my eyes shut.

The night replays in my head making me unaware of my current surroundings. A hand is placed on the small of my back making my body jump at the touch.

"Quinn...are you okay?" Kai's voice is soft.

Before picking my head up I wipe away the tears on my cheek then turn to him.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"No you're not baby." He tilts his head. "Is it because of Luke?"

I nod.

"I thought you would have been happy that it wasn't Jo. Now she can have her wedding." He tucks my hair behind my ear.

"That doesn't make any of this okay. Luke was an innocent boy... he shouldn't have been the one to do the merge."

"He was the one that made the choice to do it Quinn. He didn't have to show up and do the merge with me." He says.

"I understand that but... he shouldn't have died Kai."

"Are you saying that he should have been the one to win?" He drops his hand from my face. "Because then I would have been the one to die."

"No that isn't what I'm saying. I'm just saying it's not fair to him or his twin sister. My god Kai... how is she going to take this? She's going to be heartbroken." My hand meets my mouth as I feel an ache in my chest.

"Yes she will be." He lowers his head. There is a hint of sadness on his face.

"The way Jo was looking at Luke's lifeless body... it just brought back memories of me losing Rebekah or Kol after Klaus daggered them. Granted they can come back but Luke isn't so lucky. Liv will never get her brother back."

My body starts to shake at the thought. I couldn't imagine losing Rebekah or Kol forever. It would be too much pain for me. Poor Liv...

"Shhh." Kai wraps his arms around me but he doesn't say anything else. I'm sure he doesn't know what to say.

He holds me in his embrace for what feels like forever. I've finally calmed down and he pulls me away from him just slightly.

"I know what can get your mind off of all this." He says.

"Kai I'm not having sex right now." I state.

He lets out a small laugh. "Good thing that's not what I was going to suggest then."

"Then what did you have in mind?"

"Give me my memories back." He says.

Kai's POV: