Chapter 24

I don't think y'all are ready for the twist I threw in this chapter 😳

Enjoy!

Quinn's POV:

When I wake up I feel Kai's arms wrapped around my waist. His face is nuzzled into my back where I can feel the hot air coming out of him. I'm so mad for not standing up for myself last night. I should have kicked him out of the room but I didn't.

Why didn't I?

I let out a sigh as I decide to slowly get out of the bed. I literally make it an inch before he is pulling me closer to him. His grip on my body is tighter like he never wants to let me out of his embrace.

"Kai I need to get up." I tell him, unsure if he is actually awake or not.

"No you don't." His voice is sleepy and raspy which gives me butterflies.

"Yes I do." I try to move again but he moves so quick that he is now on top of me. His forearm resting next to my head as he holds himself up. His other hand meets my cheek and then slowly wanders it into my hair.

"Can't we just forget about last night?" He stares into my eyes.

"No." I answer.

"I said I was sorry." He frowns.

"You were drunk Kai." I say as I try to get out from under him. The hand that was in my hair is now down on my side, holding me in place.

"You know what that say, the truth comes out when you're drunk." He gives me a sleepy smile.

"Is that why you told me you didn't want to lose me?" I stare deep into his wide eyes that are now awake.

I know he didn't think I heard him and honestly I was half asleep when he said it so I didn't know if I was dreaming or not. But the look on his face assures me that I wasn't dreaming.

"I only said it because you said it first."

"What? No I- " I start to say but he cuts me off.

"Yes you did. After you threw that star into my chest. You sat there with my head in your lap, stroking my hair and crying." He explains.

"How....how do you know that?" I shake my head.

"When I die it's like I become a ghost. I was there but you couldn't see me. I always thought it was cool because I could just look at myself dead. I watched you cry over me and admit that you couldn't lose me." His hand is back to my hair.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." I gulp.

"Yeah and neither were you." He plants a soft kiss on my lips.

The way I immediately melt at his touch is actually kind of annoying. He stretches his arm out as it goes under my pillow and we hear a crinkle. We look at each other in confusion as he pulls out a piece of paper. We both sit up as he unfolds it.

"I think this is for you." He hands me the paper.

When I have the paper in my hands I see Bonnies handwriting and I squeal. "Oh my god... she got my message!"

My hand goes over my mouth as I smile in shock that the spell actually worked. I look to Kai who is staring straight ahead.