Chapter 30

As you probably have caught on, the events in this story do not match up with the show whatsoever.

So please don't compare it to what happens in the show or the timeline of when things happen. I am writing these events in this order because it goes along with my story line.

Anyways, enjoy :)

Kai looks at me after what I just said. No one should make promises they can't keep because it just leads to heartbreak and disappointment. He brings me back into his chest and hugs me not knowing what to say in response and honestly I don't blame him. I don't know what to say at this point either.

Both of his arms are wrapped around my upper back while my ear is pressed to his chest. I can hear his heart slowly start to pick up its pace as if he is nervous.

"You're right." He sighs. "I shouldn't make any promises but if anything does go wrong when we get out, at least we will have each other."

I smile into his skin as his words settle into me. How did we get here? In the beginning I was afraid of him, then we started having sex which he said was what it was all about this whole time. Then why does he act this way with me? Why does he put aside his sociopathic status to care for me?

We stay this way for a little while longer until the heat of the water starts to die down. I turn the water off while Kai grabs us towels. He wraps one over my shoulders then connects his lips to mine before wrapping his towel around his waist and then we head out to the bedroom.

I grab an oversized shirt and some jeans, throwing them on as Kai slips into a pair of grey sweatpants. The room is dark since the blinds are shut and the only lights are the two lamps resting on the nightstands. I watch him dress in silence as the dark leaves shadows on his abs, defining them more.

"Take a picture it will last longer." He says without looking at me. I let out a little laugh when I hear footsteps slowly come into the room.

"Quinn." I turn to see Bonnie standing there. "Can we talk?" She looks over at Kai who now has his shirt on.

"Yeah." I nod my head. "Kai can you give us a second? And please don't go making trouble with Damon again."

"Fine but only because you asked." He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before he leaves. His gesture leaves me surprised.

He nods at Bonnie before he fully leaves the room. She walks over and sits on the bed so I join her. We stare at each other for a moment before she begins to speak.

"Are you okay?" She asks. "I've never seen you that angry before."

"I'm fine." I lie. "You have never seen me that way before because I knew how to control it when I was around you guys. But with everything that's happened... that is still happening.. I just can't hide it anymore." I tell her.

"You didn't really start to get mad until I told you about Stefan and Klaus." She says. "Trust me it was a surprise to us too that he went off with him."

"Stefan's humanity is off... it isn't that surprising that he went with him. Klaus can be very persuasive."

She tilts her head to the side. "Is that why you were working with him to kill Elena?"

I stare at her for a second and take in her words. We have never really discussed why I was helping Klaus try to kill Elena. They knew that reason he wanted to kill Elena was to break his curse but they never knew why it was me who had to help him.

"I didn't have a choice when it came to Klaus. I had to pretend to be on his side while you know for a fact I was only on your side. I wanted to save her just as much as you guys did."