Chapter 52

Quinn's POV:

As soon as I stepped into the Salvatore house I saw him. He was standing there having a heated discussion with Damon and Stefan. Elena was sitting on the couch just watching them argue. They barely noticed I was there until I slammed the door shut.

Their eyes left each other and scanned over to me. I stood there with my eyes locked to his wondering why he is here. Honestly, there could be multiple reasons he is here.

I slowly make my way down to the living room where they are standing, never breaking eye contact with him as I stop right in front of him.

"Stefan and Damon you can leave the room." I say not even looking at them. "You too Elena."

They don't say a word to me. I hear them all shuffle their feet and leave the room. It's just me and him left in the huge living room. I can hear the crackle of the fire as we stand in silence.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"To see you of course." He says.

"The last time I saw you Elijah I snapped your neck.."

"And then you freed our brother." He says. "Which may I add, was not very smart. You know how Kol gets."

"For your information, Kol as been behaving just fine. He found a girl which has been a great distraction for him." I say.

"Until he becomes bored of her." He fixes the sleeves of his suit.

"That won't happen." I tell him unsure if it is the truth. "What's the real reason you are here? Revenge for snapping both of your necks?"

"Niklaus is still not happy that you did that and he was going to come back but I figured it would be best if I did instead." He walks over to the liquor cart and begins to pour himself a glass of bourbon. He goes to had me the glass but I decline.

"But why come back? I heard that you both were in New Orleans. Thought you wouldn't leave again since that is our family home."

"Well it was but now it has been taking over." He sips his drink. "Klaus is enraged and wants to take the city back for himself."

"And why did you come back here to tell me this?" I cross my arms.

"Because we are family." He says as he walks back over to me.

"He needs a witch doesn't he?" I scoff and Elijah nods. "Unbelievable. The only time he wants to be civil is when he needs help."

"Quinn other than our mother, you are the most powerful witch we know-" he starts.

"Elijah if you haven't noticed by now, I don't use my magic much..."

"And why not? You have all this power and you just let it hide away?" He looks to me with confusion.

"Because of Nik! He always made me do his dirty work which ended up with someone dying. I've done small spells here and there but I don't use it as much as before. To be honest Elijah, I'm afraid to use my magic. I know I can control it but in the end someone always gets hurt. It's better for me to just hide it away."

"You need to embrace your powers Quinn." He tells me.

"You're just saying that because Nik needs help. Let me guess, he wants me to use my magic to kill someone?" I sit on the couch.

"No he doesn't want to kill him." Elijah states.

"Who is it? Who took over the city?" I ask.

"Marcel." Elijah sits across from me.