Chapter 3

I jolt awake leaving my nightmare as a mere memory. My hands rub my eyes while I try to control my breathing and after a couple minutes it has finally steadied. I look to the right side of the bed and see that it is empty. Stefan hasn't come home yet.

"What the hell." I say out loud. If he didn't come home last night then where could he be?

I crawl out of the bed and make my way to the shower. Undressing out of Stefans clothes after I turn the water on, I pick up the comb and run it through my hair getting all the knots out. I wince through the pain.

Steam overtakes the entire room so I know the water is ready for me. I step into the shower and let the hot water cascade over my body.

My mind goes back to my nightmare but I push it aside. I don't want to think about that right now.... I can't think about it. I start to think of all the places my friends could be right now. Maybe they are at Elenas...or the Mystic Grill.

While I think of all the possibilities, I rinse my hair a couple more times making sure all of the conditioner is out before turning the water off. 

Grabbing the towel, I ring my hair out and then wrap the white cotton around my body.  Making my way back into the bedroom in search of my own clothes but I don't see them.

"That's odd...I know I keep clothes here..."

Without any luck of finding my own things, I throw on a grey t-shirt of Stefans with another pair of his sweats. I don't feel like dressing up today anyways.

Once I'm somewhat put together, I head downstairs straight to the fireplace. It is fully out so I pick up the small broom and brush the ashes deeper into the fire place. Now that it looks nice in clean, I place the brush back in its holder... then I hear a creak in the floor behind me. Whipping my head around in hopes of seeing Stefan but its not him standing there. Instead there is a man I've never seen before.

I panic. "Motus!" I push my arm out towards the unknown man and the spell sends him flying backwards. He lands just above the stairs that lead to the front door from the living room.

I don't move from my spot because I'm hoping it knocked him out...but it didn't. I hear a small groan come from his mouth and then laughter.

"Damn...well I wasn't expecting that." He continues to laugh. I just threw this man across the room with magic and he is laughing? He sits up and rubs the spot on his head that hit the ground.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask. He finally stands up, still rubbing his head.

"I could ask you the same thing." He brings his blue eyes to mine. He walks down the two steps coming closer towards me.

"Hmm that doesn't sound like the answer to my question." I raise my hand making him levitate. "If you don't answer me I will throw you across the room again." I threaten.

"As much fun as that was... I would rather you not." He gives me a worried smile.

"Then you better hurry up and answer my question." I lift him higher into the air.  He gives me a look as if he wants to say "you won't do it again." So I prove him wrong.

"Motus!" I send him flying again back to the same spot he fell before. "I could do this all day." I tell him.

"I'm sure you could." He laughs at the pain again. "But I'm already bored with your repeat spell so I guess I will just answer your question. My name is Kai Parker."

"And why are you in my boyfriends house Kai Parker?" I keep my eyes on him as he walks over to the couch, turning around and plopping himself down.

"Your boyfriends house, huh?" He looks around as he takes the room in then his eyes fall back on to me. "Well I just so happened to be in Mystic Falls, you see I was traveling the world. Have you ever been to Florida? The weather there is so-"

"Kai...answer the question." I cut him off.

He bites his lip. "Okay..okay. Well it was the nicest, most secluded house I could find here in good old Mystic Falls so I thought, why not make it my own? And the water pressure here is the best. I think I have actually used every single shower in this house..." He trails off.

"Ah you are confused. " He reads the expression on my face. He pushes himself up from the couch and walks over to me.

"Yes I am confused..." I start to say but he holds a finger up cutting me off.

"My turn to ask a question." He steps closer to me. "How did you get here?" He asks, seeming genuinely confused.

I give him a blank stare. "What do you mean? I walked here from the woods."

He gives me an annoyed sigh. Walking over to the dining room table, he picks up a newspaper. Coming back to stand in front of me he hands me the paper. I give him a weird look before looking down at the paper.

"Rare solar eclipse..." I scrunch my face up. "I still don't get it Kai."

He rolls his eyes. "Not the headline...whatever your name is..."

"Quinn." I answer him.

"I like that name." He gives me a flirty smile. "Look at the date Quinn."

I do as I'm told and look at the date. May 10th... "1994?" I whisper then look up at Kai with a concerned look.

I knew from the moment I opened my eyes in those woods when everything was so hectic and then suddenly so calm... something wasn't right. "Kai...Where am I?"

"Welcome to the 1994 Prison world Quinn." He gives me a wide grin.