Chapter 14

Ahh we are almost at 1,000 reads!!! Thank you guys sooo much!!

I added another photo to this chapter so you can picture an special outfit.

Happy reading :)

New Years Eve.

A day where you celebrate bringing in the new year and all of the things that you are going to change in your life. I remember one year when I celebrated the day with Stefan and the others. We decorated the boarding house, got sparklers and even some fireworks to set off in the front yard.

Damon invited people over, some we knew some we didn't (I'm assuming he compelled them to join the party). We drank champagne and danced the night away. Counting down to midnight we would hear everyone shout their hellos to the new year and Stefan pulled me into his arms giving me my first kiss of the New Years. That was the happiest I have ever been.

But now being stuck here and it being New Years Eve...what's the point? How can we celebrate New Years when we will wake up tomorrow and it will still be 1994. And what is there to change about my life now?

Staring at myself in the mirror of the bathroom I grab some mascara and brush it on my eyelashes. I fill in my eyebrows with an eyeshadow because I have yet to find actual fill in. I don't wear foundation on my face because I don't want to hide the freckles I have. There is a cluster over my nose and down into my cheeks. I have always loved them.

I head back into the bedroom going to choose an outfit for the day. Settling on a pair of light blue mom jeans and a black tight fitted tank top. The straps are thin on my shoulder and I think of grabbing a cover up but it is always so beautiful and warm out. I guess thats one plus of being here. The weather is always nice. Thank God I didn't get sent somewhere it snows all the time. That would have been hell.

It is already the afternoon and the solar eclipse has made its appearance about twenty minutes ago. Its actually kind of getting annoying. I make my way downstairs to see Kai messing with something in the living room.

The tree is still standing up next to the fire place. I wonder when he will take it down. My eyes move back to Kai to see a little metal contraption in his hand. I don't get a good look at it because once he realizes I am in the room he tucks it away.

"Hey." He says nervously. Obviously he doesn't want me to know what he was holding so I don't push.

"Hey." I take a seat on the couch across from him look at all the Christmas decorations that are still up. "Please tell me you aren't going to decorate for New Years too."

He glances around the room and smiles. "Maybe....Maybe not."

I tilt my head at his answer and bring my knees up to my chest letting my chin rest on them. He stands up from his spot and heads towards the library. I look over at the couch to see if he left the metal piece sitting there but he didn't. A couple of seconds pass before he comes back into the room.

"Speaking of New Years, here." He sticks out his hand which is holding Monopoly money.

"What is this for?" I give him a confused look before slowly reaching my hand out to take the paper from him.

"Go out and get yourself something nice to wear for tonight." He sits back down in his spot.

"Why what is going on tonight?"

"Don't worry about it. Just go and get yourself a nice dress or something." He crosses his leg over the other.

I can't help but laugh. "But why did you give me this?" I shake the different colored money. "We don't have to pay for anything here. Plus its fake."