Chapter 43

Buckle up 🙃

Kai's POV:

They both stare at me like I just said something crazy. You'd think that they would be happy at the idea of of Jo and I merging.

"You can't just merge with Jo." Liv finally speaks up.

"Why not? That's how it was going to be before you two came along."

"Well first off dad would never allow it." Luke says. "Second, Jo won't even go through with the merge."

"I'll talk Jo into doing it. As for dad... that's where you two come in. Besides Jo, you two are his pride and joy. You're going to convince him that Jo and I will be doing the merge."

They both look at each other and it feels like they are having a conversation telepathically and I hate it.

"I mean we could just forget it all. You two can merge, Luke will win and Liv... well you know what will happen to you." I smirk.

"What if we could convince dad to let them do it?" Liv asks Luke.

"What? Are you crazy? There is no way that is going to happen." He shakes his head.

"Luke... I understand why you want to do it. You will have all this power and be the leader of the Coven and where does that leave me? Buried in the ground." Tears begin to form in her eyes.

"Liv we can't let Kai even have a chance of becoming the leader." He says as if I'm not sitting right next to him.

"We don't know that he will win. I'm sure Jo can be strong enough to beat him."

I let out a chuckle which makes them both look at me.

"She's right, you don't know if I will win." I lie. "It's gotta be a risk you're willing to take. The next celestial event is in less than a month so you'll have to talk to him soon."

Luke lets out a sigh as he moves his gaze to Liv who has pleading eyes. They will give in. He will do anything to protect her.

"Fine." He says in defeat. "We will talk to dad. He is supposed to be coming up for our birthday."

"Perfect!" I clap my hands together. "You two get that all planned out and in the mean time, I have other business to take care of."

"Which is?" He asks me as I stand up.

I place my hand on his shoulder. "Now that is none of your business."

I tap my index finger on his nose and give him a smile. Walking out of the bar to the fresh air, I take in a deep breath.

I think of my mental list of things to do and cross talking to the twins off my list.

Next thing: talk to Jo.

Quinn's POV:

I ended up back at Bonnies house after I left Stefan. She said I could stay however long I want and I really appreciate it but I don't want to be a burden.

Using a map of Mystic Falls and a drop of my blood, I did a locator spell to track down Klaus. It said he was off in a neighborhood not far from the town square.

And now here I am standing in front of one of the biggest houses I've ever seen. I should have known he would be here. I probably didn't even have to do a spell to find him. This was his thing; find the biggest foreclosure and live in it. No one would ever know.

A big breath leaves my mouth as I ascend the stairs to the gated front door. When I reach for the handle I realize it's not locked. Of course it's not. What does he have to be afraid of?