Chapter 60

Ah thank you for 143K reads!!! So amazing!! I still can't wrap my head around the thought of that many people reading my story!!!

Don't forget to comment and vote <3

I quickly run into Rebekahs arms and we hold the embrace for awhile on the balcony. We hear the chatter of the people below and there is jazz music near by and in this moment, I finally feel at home.

As we hold each other I can tell that neither of us want to let go because we are afraid to. Like this is the last time we will see each other but we both know that's not the case.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask as I slowly pull away.

"Marcel has eyes and ears everywhere. Someone heard Elijah talking about it." She answers.

"Then you know why I'm here then.." I say quietly.

"I do but lets not talk about it here. Don't want anyone to overhear us." I know she is taking about Klaus as she looks over my shoulder towards the door. She is afraid that he will barge in at any second.

"Don't worry about that" I wave my hand to reassure her. "I did a spell for the room ages ago. He won't be able to hear anything."

"Clever girl." She smiles. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." I walk into the room and she soon follows. "I have so much to catch you up on but first things first, I'm not going to help Klaus."

"I knew you wouldn't." She sits down on the bed and places her hands in her lap.

"I assume he wants me to kill Marcel but I would never do that. If Nik wants the city back he's gonna have to figure out another way." I sit next to her.

"Marcel won't give the city up no matter what." She states. "He has done so much for this place and for everyone that lives here. It would be stupid for Klaus to take it back."

"He's just being himself. Always wants the power, to be in charge." I roll my eyes.

"Our amazing brother." Rebekah lets out a laugh. "So if you weren't here to help him then why did you come?"

"Well... I was in Mystic Falls living my life, shit happened and now I'm not welcome there anymore." I shrug.

"And why is that?" She pries.

When I open my mouth to say something I get cut off by the bathroom door opening. Rebekah shoots up from the bed thinking it's Klaus but it's not. I almost forgot Kai was here but he makes his entrance in only a towel that is wrapped around his waist.

He stops in his tracks when he sees us girls and his eyes dance between Rebekah and me. Her jaw has dropped to the floor when she sees him then turns to look at me.

"Quinn... who is this half naked man in your room?" She points a finger to Kai.

"That is Kai... my boyfriend." I tell her. 

Her eyes go wide but she can't hide the smile on her face. She relaxes a bit and nods her head. Within a second she walks over to him, extending her hand.

"I'm Rebekah." She introduces herself.

"Kai." He shakes her hand then looks to me. "At least one of your family members is happy to see me."

"Oh pay no mind to Nik. He's too full of himself to care about anyone else." Rebekah laughs and I join in.

"It's nice to meet you Rebekah. Quinn has told me a lot about you." It's weird hearing Kai be so nice but maybe he is just trying to make a good impression.

"All good things I hope."  She cocks her eyebrow and looks to me.

"Only the best." Kai answers for me which makes her head whip back to him.

"I like him." She lets go of his hand and walks over towards me. "Back to the question before, why aren't you allowed back in Mystic Falls?"

"That would be my bad." Kai raises his hand. "Quinn was friends with my sisters friends and then I killed my sister on her wedding day."

Rebekah looks to Kai then to me with worry on her face. "Do I need to retract my earlier statement about liking him?"

"No." I sigh. I wasn't expecting Kai to tell her he murdered his sister. "It's a really long story that I will fill you in on another time. He had a good reason to kill her, trust me."

"Well now I kind of want to know now. Can you give me a shortened version of this story?" She asks.

"Fine. Kai and I dated back in 94' but had our memories erased by Klaus. Turns out when we dated I got pregnant. His sister and his father came up with a plan of their own to get rid of the baby."

Anger spreads across Rebekahs face before she turns to Kai. "I assume you killed your father too?"

"I did." Kai doesn't hesitate.

"Good." She says. "They deserved it. And Quinn, I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"It was a long time ago... I'll be okay." I lie. It still hurts to think about it and I'm not sure if I'll ever get over it.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Rebekahs phone beep. She pulls it out of her pocket and looks at the screen.

"Shoot. I'm late. Have to meet Marcel to discuss some things."

She gives me a big hug and heads towards the balcony. She steps a foot outside but then stops and turns on her heel. Her hand comes up and a finger points to Kai yet again.

"If you ever hurt her, I will kill you. And it will be a slow and painful death." She threatens.

"Rebekah!"

"It's okay Quinn." Kai says to me then his eyes meet hers. "I won't do anything to hurt Quinn."

She nods her head and then she's gone.

"I like her." Kai smiles as he walks over to me. His strong arms wrap around my waist and he leans down to kiss me.

The kiss is soft snd sweet and we only hold it for a short moment before I place the palms of my hands on his chest, pushing him slightly away.

"Get dressed." I smile. "We are going somewhere and you can't go like this."

My eyes graze down his bare torso to the towel that is hanging loosely around him.

"What's wrong with this?" He jokes. "I think it's a fashion statement."

"For the bedroom, yes." I tap his chest. "But where we are going you really can't wear that."

"And where is it we are going?" He lets go of his hold of me and heads for his bag to gather some clothes.

"It's a surprise." I state as I grab my backpack.