Chapter 22

This chapter has some more Originals details in it so if you haven't watched the show you might be a little confused.

It has been over an hour and Kai is still laying in my arms. He never specified how long he is normally out for and right now I am starting to get worried. I continue to stroke his hair as I wait for him to come back to life. I wander my gaze from his face down to his hands when I see his fingers start to twitch. The cuts on his arm start to slowly disappear.

My eyes go wide as I look to his face where those cuts are vanishing as well. His eyes shoot open as he starts gasping for air, flinging himself up off my lap. He grips his chest and frantically looks around the room until his eyes meet mine, a sudden look of relief washes over his face. Tears start to blur my vision as I look at him.

"Fuck..." He pants. "That was intense."

I let out a breath of relief as I lunge forward wrapping my arms around his neck almost taking him to the ground. As a reflex, he places the palm of his hand on the floor catching our fall before he pulls me onto him. I straddle his lap as he squeezes his arms tight around me like he never wants to let me go. I nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck and let out a loud breath.

"Miss me?" He laughs making me pull my head back to stare at him.

"Don't ever talk me into doing something like that again. You were out for over an hour! An hour Kai! I thought that I really killed you and-" He silences me with a kiss. He presses his lips hard against mine as his hands make there way down to my hips, pulling me against him.

He removes his lips from mine after the long kiss. "So you would have really cared if I died?"

"Well yeah..." I smile. "How would I ever survive this place on my own?"

He gives me a soft grin as he shakes his head before smashing his lips against mine. I push back hungrily like I need his touch to survive. His tongue glides along my bottom lip waiting for an invite so I part my mouth more allowing him inside. The warmth of his tongue ignites the fire inside me.

My hands go to the back of his neck as he presses my hips down into him causing a deep groan to come from his chest. I move my hips ever so lightly making them rock back and forth over his already hard length. He squeezes my ass at the motion and bites my lower lip.

"Stand up." He demands as he releases my lip.

I do as I'm told and he isn't far behind me. Placing his hands on the back of my thighs he lifts me up, keeping his lips on mine and sets me on the table in the center of the room. As he sits me on the wooden table I hear objects start fall over from the movement.

"Jesus Kai!" I smile into his lips. "You're going to break something."

He brings his fingers to the hem of my shirt not hesitating before peeling it off my body. "I guess it's a good thing no one needs this stuff."

His mouth darts towards my neck kissing me in my sweet spot. My head drops back at the pleasure once I feel his warm tongue flatten over the area and glide against the sensitive skin. With his hands on my lower back, he pulls me roughly towards him making a gasp escape my mouth and causing more objects to fall on the table.

I look over to see the mess we are making as his lips are still attached to my neck harshly sucking on my skin. My eyes scan the table when they pause on one of the objects. A huge diamond... but not just any diamond... the paragon diamond.

Flashback- 1916:

"What is this?" I ask Kol as I hold up the large diamond.

"Careful with that! It is very important." He snatches it from my grasp. He has been undaggered for two years now and I am happy to have him back.