Hurting | K. Tobio

Warnings: Reader is on their period, cramps, crying, female anatomy, cursing⚠️

You don't even know what time it was, but you were suddenly awake when you felt a pain in your lower stomach.

It slowly built up and throughout the process, you curled yourself up in a ball.

This was all too familiar.

You felt like you had just fallen asleep when you were being awaken again, you started your period 2 days ago and the third day was always the worst for you.

And this month, it was no different.

It felt like your uterus was being stabbed repeatedly, your whole body felt hot, you couldn't help but let out a small whimper.

Kageyama was slowly being awaken next to you, he had felt your shifting all night, he really tried his best to comfort you, but sometimes he knew you wanted to be left alone.

He was going to completely ignore that until the second he heard your small cries.

Immediately he sat up, so quickly that it startled you.

"Do you need anything?" He didn't bother to ask if you were okay. You didn't feel or look okay.

"Heating pack." Was all you could mutter through the pain.

His feet hit the wooden floors and went downstairs to heat up the pack.

This wasn't his first period with you, oh no, that's a whole other disaster. He got the hang of things almost immediately, not wanting to cause another fiasco.

He shivers at the thought, the beeping form the microwave bringing him back to reality.

You, his girlfriend, felt like you were dying and needed help.

On the way, he picked up some pain killers and a glass of water, knowing once you calmed down you'd want something to help with your headache that followed afterward.

You let out a deep breath when you see Tobio walk back in.

"What took you so long, Tobio?!" You groan, he carefully unwrapped your arms from your torso.

"Don't scrunch up like that." He straightened your legs for you.

Placing the heating pack on your stomach, you wished relief would wash over you as soon as it was placed, but sadly, it'd take a little bit to lessen your muscles.

Tobio sat on the edge of the bed, holding your hand, he noticed that your grip wasn't as prominent as before, meaning your cramps were loosening up.

He found out the hard way of knowing when it was appropriate to talk to you after one of these.

As soon as he sees you take in a deep, long breath, he knows it's safe to communicate without getting yelled at.

"You feel better now?" He asks, opening the bottle in his hands and handing you a small capsule.

"Yes. Thank you, baby." You swallow, it meant a lot that he knew the smallest of details about you. "That one really hurt."

"I could tell." He chuckles, "Your squirming woke me up."

"Shut the hell up." You glare.

"I was kidding. I'm more than happy to help you, I know it hurts and I feel helpless when I know I can't do much." He admits, yawning.

You sniffle, the aftermath left wet tears running down your face.

He shooed your hands away from your face, wiping the tears himself.

"Thank you." You mutter, closing your eyes and letting his warm hands cup your face.

"Don't cry.. it's over now." He removed his hands and took your hand in his once again, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles.

"For now."

"I'll be faster next time." He says and slides back into bed with you. "You're lucky today's my day off."

"What's that supposed to mean?" You flick his forehead.

"It means that I can go back to sleep.. you should too." He forced your head to lay down.

"What time is it? I'm not even tired anymore." You pout.

"Around 5." He yawned again. "Do you need me to make you some tea?"

"No, it's okay. Just hug me." You sigh contently.

His arms loosely snake around your waist, finding themselves on your tummy where it hurt.

You shiver from his touch, his hands were not the warmest, but you couldn't complain when you had just woken him up.

"Tobio?" You ask, testing to see if he's still awake.

"Hm?" He hums sleepily, it's taking everything in him to not fall asleep right then and there.

"I love you, thank you." You say, turning around slightly to peck his forehead.

"I know." He mumbles.

You click your tongue, "Say it back."

Even though it was dark, you could still feel his slight smirk.

It was silent for a few seconds.

"Tobio." You shook him awake.

"What?" He groaned. "'M tired, just wanna cuddle."

"Then say it back and I'll let you." You pinch his arm, eliciting another groan from him.

"Fine.. love you too. Now go to sleep." He breathes against your neck, giving you a small kiss on your neck.

Periods may suck, but times like these make it all better.