Warmth | M. Issei

Warnings: Time-skip spoilers, shaving, mentions of injuries⚠️

Moments like these, Issei wished he could stop time. You looked so peaceful sleeping next to him, a few stray pieces of hair covered part of your face.

The morning sun warming up your skin, he pushed back the stray hairs and softly kissed your forehead.

A small smile creeped up on your face at his touch, he hated how he had to get up for the day.

Carefully, he got out of bed, making sure to not wake up your sleeping self.

As he walked slowly towards the bathroom, already missing your warmth. He wanted nothing more than to stay in bed and watch movies— but, he's an adult now, which means he has to go to work.

After a few minutes, you felt a bit colder than before. The spot next to you was empty, but warmth still lingered on his spot.

You heard the shower running, meaning he was getting ready for work. Your body made its way to his side, laying in his warmth left behind.

It wasn't long until you couldn't sleep anymore, it just wasn't the same as to having the real thing warming you up.

The shower stopped and the heat of the water came out as he opened the door.

Your eyes were still closed, so he figured you were still sleeping. He got his clothes ready for the day and went back to the bathroom.

He was taking too long for your liking, you made an effort to get up and wrap your arms around his form.

"Come back to bed." You dragged out the last word.

"As much as I would like that, I have work." He rinses out his mouth, moving you to his side so he could wrap on arm around you. You hum, still a bit sleepy from waking up.

"Can I help you shave?" You asked, seeing him grab the shaving cream.

"Always." He smiles, helping you up onto the counter, placing himself between your legs.

Your bright smile warmed up his heart, seeing you so excited to help him. The foam was cold at first on his skin, but he had shaved plenty of times to get used to it quickly.

"Be careful, doll, don't cut me." He teased.

You clicked your tongue, "As if I would cut you, name one time I have." Your eyes focused on carefully gliding the blade.

"Kidding." He rolled his eyes.

"Shh, no talking." You say as you neared his lips, you were extra careful when shaving there. Making sure he kept his mouth shut so you didn't injure him.

Once you made it to the other side of his face, you sigh in relief.

His large hands placed themselves on top of your thighs, squeezing occasionally.

"Gimme a kiss." He leaned in.

You swerved your head, "No! You still have shaving cream all over, you'll get me messy."

"Just one! I'll be careful." He promises.

You narrowed your eyes. You knew of his antics, he was definitely going to rub his face on yours, but still, you gave in and leaned in.

His lips made contact with your own, soft and meaningful. It never failed to bring butterflies in your stomach.

But, just as you thought, as he slowly pulled away, he rubbed himself all over you.

"Issei!" You yelp, "I knew it."

"If you knew, then why'd ya let me, doll?" He stared at your face, now covered in shaving cream, your smile and laugh made his stomach flutter.

"Because I love you." You huff and turn to grab a towel, wiping off the remainder of the cream on your face.

"Awww, I love you too." He pinched your cheek.

"I don't love you anymore, I'm messy now." You grumble and put more cream on his face so he wouldn't be unevenly shaven.

"Oh yeah?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah." You declare.

He leaned in once again, capturing your lips with his own. As he pulled back, the cream was now on your face again.

"If you didn't love me, then why did you still kiss me, hm?" He brought his hands up to your waist, now resting them there.

"Shut up." You looked away, wiping your face. "Now let me finish, or else you'll be late."

He obeyed, for a moment he forgot he had to get to work, he got caught up with you.

"All done." You swiped the blade one last time over his skin, he looks up in the mirror in front of him, checking to make sure you didn't miss any spots on purpose.

"Look good, thank you, princess." He leaned in yet again.

"Nope." You shook your head. "Wash your face first." You try to wriggle out of his grip.

Issei pouted his lip, "Please?"

"After, I still have to make your lunch." He allowed you to hop off the counter.

He washed his face one last time, getting his shoes and heading downstairs.

You quickly made his lunch, leaving it next to his bag.

"Let me call in sick." He hugged you from behind.

"I would really want that, but my shave is too good to not be seen." You laugh, bringing your hand to his cheek, feeling the smoothness of his skin.

He lightly shook his head, "The people aren't even alive to see my handsome face."

"Oh shut up, Issei." You playfully slap him.

"What!? Am I wrong?"

"No... but still." You sigh. "I'll be here when you get back." You rub your hand through his curls, he slowly closed his eyes.

"That's too long." He hides his face in the crook of your neck.

"It's hard being an adult, huh?" You half-joke.

"Yeah, Makki wouldn't know about that." He never failed to insult his best friend in any way he could, even if he wasn't there.

"Leave him be, he's gotten a few interviews." You tug at his hair.

"Ouch."

"You better get going." You place your hands on his chest.

"Finee." He dragged out the word. "I'll pick up dinner on my way." His hand made a way to your cheek.

"Okay." You whisper, eyes traveling to his lips, his smirk quickly disappeared as fast as it came, you didn't want to hear his teasing, so you pressed your lips on his, for one final kiss before he left.

"I love you, now get out." You giggle.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you, too." He pulled you back in for another kiss, promising one after the other that it'd be the last one.

As he stepped out into the cold, he held onto the last bits of warmth from you.

Haikyuu x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें