Lost ring | K. Tobio

Warnings: Time-skip spoilers, cursing⚠️

Kageyama's honestly surprised he's been able to keep this a secret. He hates keeping things front you, but he keeps telling himself that in the end, it'll all be worth it.

He had customized a ring for you so he could propose, it took him awhile to design one that he liked.

But today marks a two whole months that he's kept this from you, he was still in the mix of figuring out what he wanted to do, you deserved the best and that's what he intends on doing.

There were times where he forgot where he left the velvet box and freaked out, other times he came close to telling you that he bought you a ring already.

He's misplaced the box multiple times and he didn't really trust himself with it anymore.

"So can you?" Kageyama asked his teammate.

"What's in it for me?" Hoshiumi questions him back, his arms folded across his chest.

"I'll invite you to my wedding." Kageyama plainly says.

"Huh?! I thought I was going regardless of this favor??" Hoshiumi yells.

"Well, shit, I don't know. Can you please just put it somewhere safe? Y/n's almost caught me multiple times." Kageyama sighs.

"Why don't you find somewhere safe to put it?"

"Because I'm gonna forget!"

"...fine I'll do it, only because Y/n is my friend." Hoshiumi agreed. "Where's the ring?" He put his hand out.

Kageyama sighs in relief and goes to check the pocket in his sweatpants.

It wasn't there.

"Don't tell me you lost it already?!" Hoshiumi yells.

"I-I didn't, it's in here, I'm sure." Kageyama frantically opened his gym bag in a hurry. "See it's here." His anxiety went back down.

"Give me that before you lose it." Hoshoumi snatched it from him.

"Thanks." Kageyama says. "Find a good spot to hide it too." He waved and got into his car to go to your shared apartment.

Hoshiumi went back to his apartment and didn't even bother to hide it, he just left it on his nightstand. It was easy and you wouldn't go looking for the ring at his place.

"Hey, baby." You turned your head from the couch as you heard the familiar jangle of keys.

"Hey." He lightly smiles and makes his way to you. You stood up to give him his hug and kiss.

"How was practice?" You asked and led him to the kitchen, warming up his dinner.

"Good, I'm sorry I stayed a little late, I was with Hoshiumi and had to give him- uh, some tips!" He almost let it slip that he had given the ring to his teammate.

"Tips?" You asked, pushing the plate towards him.

"Yeah, he wanted some tips for our next game against MSBY, so we can beat Hinata." Kageyama saves.

"Oh gotcha." You nodded. "How's Ushijima? He feeling any better?" Kageyama recently had told you that he came down with a cold and missed the last practice.

"Yeah he's fine now." Kageyama says. The rest of the night was normal, Kageyama made sure to pick his words carefully.

Over the next few weeks, Kageyama chose what he wanted to do.

He reserved a dinner for the two of you at one of the fanciest restaurants around, then after he'd take you for a nightly stroll to see all the beautiful lights, and then he'd get down on one knee.