Fear of heights | O. Tooru

Warnings: heights, cursing⚠️

"Nope. I'm not getting on that." Oikawa crosses his arms.

"Oh come on, you haven't gone on any of the rides with us." Mattsun says.

"Yeah, you're actually so lame." Iwaizumi joins in.

Oikawa shakes his head, "All four of us wouldn't be able to sit in one cart either way."

"So? We can just go two and two." You suggest. "It'll be fun, let's go." You push him from behind, he plants his feet and is still refusing to go.

"No I'm seriously scared of heights." He pales looking up at the Ferris wheel.

"We won't even be up there for that long." Mattsun rolls his eyes. "I bought your ticket, so get on the damn ride."

Oikawa tries his best to calm his nerves. He only came to the carnival to hang out, he didn't think you'd all want to go on rides. He's sure he can make it through this one, it doesn't go fast or spin around quickly.

Your eyes were practically stars as you looked up at the ride, Oikawa found himself calming down more by your side. You weren't making fun of him for not getting on any of the rides.

"I wanna ride with Y/n if you're all forcing me to get on." He huffs, you're a little surprised, him and Iwa are the closest out of everyone in the group so you assumed he would go with him.

You're not complaining though, you may or may not have a little crush on the setter.

"Fine, don't pee your pants." Iwaizumi laughs as him and Mattsun get on the next cart available.

"We're next." You smile, worry is evident in his eyes making you panic, "Sorry! Um I'm sure everything will be fine, just close your eyes okay?"

He gulps as he sees the next cart of people leave and now the worker is opening the door for you two to get in. "I'll be fine." He keeps repeating.

His legs wobble as he is getting in, you're fully seated and notice him struggling. You take his hand and help him in, then placing it on the pole in the middle of the cart.

"I think you'll feel better if you hold on." You say.

"Thank you." He says, "This helps a lot. I think we should just stay at this height." Oikawa jokes.

You laugh, "You might wanna close your eyes now." The worker shuts the door and goes back to their station.

"No way you're freaking out." Mattsun laughs as he sees Oikawa, he points and Iwaizumi turns around and laughs.

"Leave me alone." Oikawa yells and turns around, he realizes how high he is and immediately turns back to face you. "I don't know if I can do this." Worry spread all over his face.

"You can sit on the ground, that way you don't see anything." You suggest, "I didn't know you were this afraid of heights. I feel bad."

He takes your advice and scoots down from the seat onto the floor, he's practically hugging the pole and squeezing his eyes shut.

You take a picture or two of him, knowing he'd find it funny hopefully later on.

"Don't tell me once we're at the top, I'm imagining we're still at the bottom." He says to you.

You are actually able to admire the view and snap a few more pictures. You feel the ride stop as you're at the top.

"Where's Oikawa," Iwaizumi laughs, you're not sure if you've ever heard him laugh so loudly before.

"He's Alive!" You yell back.

"Oikawa look at me!" Mattsun yells at him.

"No!" Oikawa shakes his head, "I hate you two."

"Y/n wanted you to go on it too." Iwaizumi says.

"Yeah, but she's not making fun of me like you guys are!" He shakes.

"Attention all riders, it seems there are some issues with the control system. We've stopped the ride until further notice, sorry for the inconvenience." The worker says over the intercom.

You gulp, not sure how long Oikawa will last up here. Oikawa peeks an eye open, all he can see is you and the dark background. He's sure it wasn't dark then he'd be freaking out even more.

"How long do you think we'll be here for." He whines, "I knew I shouldn't have come on here."

You shrug, "No idea, I'll try my best not to move too much."

"Thank you, Y/n." He smiles at you. "You're good at calming people down."

"You're welcome, don't listen to the other guys. They just wanna mess with you." You reply.

"I know. They're assholes," He clears his throat, "You hear that? You two are assholes!" He yells to the other cart, earning laughter in return from his friends.

"I just realized how lucky I am." You chuckle and he gives you a confused look, "Do you know how jealous your fan girls would be if they saw us right now?"

He rolls his eyes, "Oh whatever, this isn't anything special, I'm freaking out so I can't even give you a good experience."

"Make it up to be later then." You shrug, still finding it a little funny.

He raises an eyebrow, "Like a date?"

"Huh? Well I-"

"Ah," he stops you, "I'm not taking a no from you. Now I'm the lucky one," he winks.

"Remember you're still high up in the air."

"WHY'D YOU SAY THAT," he grips the pole again, "I was flirting with you and now I'm terrified."

You laugh, "I'm sorry I didn't think you were serious."

"Why wouldn't I be? Look at you." He stop squeezing his eyes again.

"Is this a prank?"

"NO." He sighs, "Why would it?"

"Well I don't know, I just figured since you never accept any confessions from your fan girls that you didn't want to be with anyone." You say.

"Cause I wanna be with you." He admits, looking up slowly at you to see your reaction.

Before you were able to answer, the ride began to move and several cheers were heard from all around you.

"You guys still alive?" Iwaizumi says, "You're awfully quiet." Mattsun hums in agreement.

"Yeah all good!" Oikawa yells back, "I meant everything I said." He softly says to you.

"I really like you, Tooru." You admit.

"I'm really glad. I don't think I'd ever show my face ever again if you rejected me." He laughs.

The door finally opens and the two of you were able to get off the ride. "I do have a rule though," he says, "No more heights."

You laugh, along with Iwa and Mattsun. Oikawa was back to his normal self, praising to whatever is above that he is now back on the ground.

The night was ending and Iwaizumi and Mattsun were back in their homes, leaving you and Oikawa.

"I want to ask you out properly, I don't want it to be me confessing to you in my nightmare element." He says.

"Okay," you laugh, "I did take a funny picture of you."

"Delete it." He glares.

"Nah, I think you look pretty." You smile. "I'll be waiting for our date, Tooru. Goodnight." He waits for you to enter your house.

"Goodnight." He winks.