Comfort | K. Tetsurou

Warnings: Mentions of parents divorcing, yelling/fighting (not kuroo or you) cursing, slight angst-fluff⚠️

Kuroo turned to his side to check the time, 1:50 am it read. His calloused hands rubbed his face, out of all times, his parents chose to fight at this ungodly hour.

He was so used to sleeping early, so the fact that he was awake was making him upset. He's heard them argue and yell many times in his life, so it's not a surprise when he overhears his mother bring up getting a divorce.

He decided to wait out the argument, wanting to see if his parents had the decency to quite down, or even remember that he was still home, able to listen.

As soon as he had been laying awake for more than 10 minutes, he knew it wasn't gonna end soon.

He grabbed his phone from beside his bed and began to text you.

'I know it's 2 am, but can we meet?'

He was hoping you'd be awake, praying even. He just wanted out of that house.

'Sure, just come over. Are you ok?'

A breath he had been holding in finally left his lips. He quickly texted you back that he was in his way, he grabbed the nearest sweatshirt and shorts, quickly throwing them on.

He threw on whatever shoes were nearest to him.

He was so thankful that you did not live far from him. If he ran he could make it to your house in 5 minutes.

Which is exactly what he did once he snuck out through his window, figuring that him being gone would be the least of his parents worries at the time.

You laid in your bed awaiting for your boyfriends arrival, your parents were home, but Kuroo could easily slip in through the window soundlessly.

Since it was the weekend, you took it upon yourself to catch-up on an anime you had been behind on, which is why you were awake at such a late hour.

Though, you were used to sleeping late either way, even on school night sometimes. That always led to Kuroo scolding you for messing up your sleep schedule.

Kuroo texted that he was here. You wondered why he was up so late, something must've been bothering him.

You opened the window and he climbed the tree quickly, he entered your room in record time.

You barely had any time to close the window before he turned you to face him, enveloping you in a tight hug.

"Tetsu, baby, what's wrong?" You whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He didn't say anything, you noticed his breathing was shaky, as if he was going to cry.

You pulled back and moved towards your bed, gesturing for him to join you. He gladly took it and laid his head on your chest, his strong arms wrapping around you.

You ran your fingers through his hair, just now he liked it.

"What's wrong?" You asked again.

He let out a sigh, "My parents were yelling at each other and it woke me up."

"I'm sorry."

He stayed silent, afraid that if he talked anymore then tears would spill from his eyes.

You noticed his shaky breaths return. "It's okay to cry, I'm here for you." You assured.

On cue, you started to feel wet spots on your shirt. You rubbed his back to comfort him. You knew about his parents fighting all the time, it's even happened while you were over.

He sniffled, "It's so annoying at this point. They can't even go a day without arguing, I'm sure it's worse when I'm gone." His voice was raspy from crying.

"I know, and I'm sorry you have to go through that, Tetsu." You continue to comfort him. Knowing actions definitely spoke louder than words at the moment.

After awhile his breathing went back to normal and you didn't feel the wet spots growing anymore.

He must've been bottling that up since he never cries that easily with you. You made a mental note to scold him for not telling you about it sooner.

"Can you promise me something?" He speaks up.

You hum for him to continue. "Promise me we won't end up like them." He clears his throat.

"I promise. We'll be better. Way better." You say.

His shoulders visibly relaxed at your promise, he muttered a small 'thank you' to which you pressed a kiss to his forehead.

He finally remembered the time it was, "Why're you up so late?" He asks.

"I was.. watching a show." You gulped.

He tilted his head up to look at you, raising an eyebrow.

"You're lucky I'm tired, so I'll scold you tomorrow." He says and lays his head back down.

"I love you." You say.

"I love you too, goodnight." He says. The two of you would definitely be better than his parents, he was sure of it.

Haikyuu x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara