Mishaps | M. Atsumu

Warnings: Time-skip, mentions of food poisoning, one small suggestive joke, pregnancy mention, mentions of puking, cursing⚠️

"I can make dinner, darlin'." Atsumu suggested.

"It's fine, I can do it." You interjected as he entered the kitchen.

"Wait please! I found a recipe online, 'nd I think a can do it." He pleads.

"Mommy, I'll help daddy!" One twin walks in, rubbing his eye from slumber.

"Me too." Walked in the other.

"You two can't cook-"

"Mommy, we're this many now," Kota held up 4 fingers.

"Yeah!" Kyo joined his antics.

You pondered for a moment, your husband was not known for cooking like his brother, but he could at least do the bare minimum.

"Fine, I don't want-"

"A mess, I know, I know." Your husband chuckled and brought you closer to him.

You dismissed your children to wash their hands in the bathroom, racing to see who could make it there first.

"What will you make, Mr.chef." You joked.

"'S gonna be a surprise for 'ya." He kisses your temple. "I can watch the kids, go take a nice bath."

"Are you telling me that I smell?"

"No! No, 's not what I meant." He panics. "Go relax, I'll take care of dinner tonight. I know ya've been stressed with work." He mumbles in your hair.

"I was kidding, 'Tsumu." You chuckle. "A bath does sound nice." You hum.

He turned you to face him, he stared lovingly in your eyes with a gigantic smile on his face.

"I. Love. 'Ya." He pecks your lips in between each word, earning a fit of giggles from you.

"I love you too." You roll your eyes. "Don't burn the food." You warn.

"A never burn the food." He retorts.

"Yes you did, remember our last barbecue with Osamu?" You raised a brow.

Atsumu huffs and turns away, the twins had come back running into the kitchen, tearing the two of you apart.

"Mommy's mine!" Kota tugged your leg.

"A met 'er first." Atsumu stuck his tongue out.

"I'll be back." You kissed the twins each on their forehead.

"Where's ma kiss, baby?" You husband catches your arm just as you are about to leave.

"There." You kissed him, already earning retorts from your kids. "Don't burn down the kitchen, please."

With that, you were off upstairs, picking out another set of clothes, along with bath salts, candles, and a book for ultimate relaxation.

You sat at the edge of the tub as the warm water oozed out of the faucet, there weren't a lot of moments that you got to yourself as you became a mother.

So, you'd definitely be taking advantage of this opportunity.

"Hold 'yer horses." Atsumu plucks a wooden spoon out of Kyo's hand. "'Ya can wash these 'fer now." He places vegetables in front of the two.

They cheered and took turns on the step stool to reach the sink.

Atsumu wasn't sure where things went wrong in the recipe, but the meat did look a little weird once it was cooked.