Fight | K. Kenma

Warnings: Sort of angst to fluff, mentions of food, not taking care of themselves⚠️

Nationals were coming up soon which meant Kenma was already stressing about it. He makes it seem like he doesn't care, but it's his best friends last year, he wants it to be his best.

Which is why he stays a little later after practice, not much, but it showed that he cared for his team. He also played video games until very late.

It was a way of comforting him, but he also neglected his health. Which has brought you to your predicament now, you brought it up to your boyfriend that you were worried about him.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself, when's the last time you ate a proper meal?" You sighed taking a seat on his bed.

He asked you to come over in hopes to relax, he wanted nothing to do with the argument that was spiraling in front of him.

So instead of answering or showing that he was listening, he continued to play his game, ignoring you.

"Kozume." You almost never say his last name.

He glanced at you for a second then went back to his game.

"Are you listening? I'm trying to talk to you." You try again. "This isn't good for you." You began.

He rolled his eyes, what would you know about his health, he felt fine.

"I'd rather not talk about this now." He muttered, finally showing a sign that he was listening.

"This has been going on for a week. I don't even think you're getting more than 4 hours of sleep a night." You say.

"Can you stop nagging me? I asked you to come help me relax and you're being annoying instead." He says harshly.

"I'm worried for you, is it wrong to be worried for my boyfriend?" You scoffed.

He rolled his eyes again, punching the buttons to his controller a little more harshly now.

"I don't care." He shrugged.

You scoffed, "Fine. Be that way." You say and grab your things, shutting his door a little hard on the way out, but not enough to worry his parents who were currently home.

You bid a goodbye to his mother since she saw you making your way out, she didn't question anything since she failed to see the fake smile you put on.

Honestly Kenma didn't even see this as a big deal, he thought he'd give you some time alone to cool off. It wasn't even a big argument, he didn't see why you'd nag him about taking care of himself.

You decided to be petty and ignore him for the rest of the day, you didn't bother to answer his text at night when he said goodnight.

You wanted him to see the wrong in his doings, you fell asleep tightly shutting your eyes.

The next day at school, you left earlier so he'd have to walk to school with Kuroo only.

This obviously confused the captain because you'd always walk to school with them. "She's not here?" Kuroo asked as the two of them stood outside your house.

Kenma sighs and knocked one more time, the two of them see that you weren't there.

"If we don't get going we'll be late, and I know coach will make us run more." Kuroo says making Kenma groan at the thought of having to run more than he had to.

"You're not gonna text her?" He asks.

"Y/N is mad at me I think."

"You think?" Kuroo chuckled. "What'd you do?"

Kenma explained the situation to him, telling him that you were worried about him and he kept pushing you away, not caring.

"She's not wrong." Kuroo agreed with you. Kenma glared at him before speaking.

"Who's side are you on?"

"I'm just saying, she was caring about you and all you did was ignore her, of course she's gonna be upset." Kuroo explained.

It began to click in Kenmas mind.

"I think you need to apologize to her before she gets sick of it." Kuroo says. Kenma almost drops his switch at the thought of you leaving him, he wasn't sure what he would do without you there to cheer him on.

He began seeing all the nice things you did for him, he didn't want know what he'd have to do if you left him. He waved to Kuroo as Kenma went to your classroom, knowing you had left before him.

"Y/N?" He says

You turn your head and immediately looked away, going back to talking with your friends.

"Can we talk?" He asks standing in front of your seat.

"About what, Kenma." You say. His eyes widened at your harsh tone.

"You know about what... please." He asked again. Your friends already said bye to you.

You agreed and got up from your seat, Kenma following behind you. You ended up in an empty hallway.

"Ok, what is it." You say impatiently.

Kenma sighs and puts his hands behind his back, fiddling with his fingers.

"I just wanted to say that you were right.. about me not taking care of myself. I know I pushed you away when you wanted to help and I'm sorry for that." He looked you in your eyes.

"I'm sorry, please don't leave me." Hearing that last sentence made your heart break, all you wanted to do was make him feel guilty for what he did. Instead you lead him to believe that you were going to leave him.

"I'm not leaving you." You say, he looked up with hopeful eyes.

"I'm not good with apologizing-"

"It's ok, Kenma, I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have ignored you." You sheepishly smile.

"Thank you for caring about me, I love you." He says standing awkwardly. You wrapped your arms around his torso, making him stiffen for a few seconds before he warmed into your touch.

"I love you too." You say into his chest.