Chapter 161

"I must have been rude."

Chanton Sussew spoke in a rather slow tone.

But there was no word of apology.

He knew it was rude, but he didn't regret it.

"...Come in."

Gallahan said, pointing to the sofa in the office.

"Thank you."

Sitting face to face with Chanton Sussew, Gallahan suddenly realized that his office felt narrow.

It was not really like that.

It was just that the ordinary office capture the large size and presence of Chanton Sussew.

Chanton Sussew, who looked around Gallahan's office with curious eyes, told Gallahan.

"I thought at least you come to greet me once as Lord of Sussew. It's hard to see your face, Lord Gallahan Lombardy."

Chanton Sussew was now berating Gallahan for not greeting him first.

Cheshire was awarded to Gallahan and became independent, no longer a part of the Sussew, but it was still a territory surrounded by Sussew land.

"Of course, I understand that you'll be very busy working with Cheshire estates and Gallahan Clothing Store that is spread across the continent."

"...Thank you."

"It's only when you're less busy, isn't it?"

Chanton Sussew's lips drew a smile, but Gallahan only became more uncomfortable.

That was the atmosphere of Lord Sussew himself as an individual, but above all, the fact that he was the person of the Empress made Gallahan nervous.

Nowadays, the Empress introduced Chanton Sussew everywhere she went.

As if there should be no one in the Empire who did not know that the Lord of the West was a close aide to the Empress.

To be honest, Chanton Sussew was a very reluctant person to Gallahan.

Sure enough.

The Lord of Sussew asked.

“I heard that a port is opening in Cheshire.  Is that correct?”

For a moment, Gallahan resisted the urge to say no.

The Port of Cheshire was so precious.

And Gallahan's instincts were saying Chanton Sussew was the one who would threaten it.

"That's right."

Inevitably, Gallahan's words stretched out.

"Then Cheshire Port would be the starting point for inland supplies to move along the river."

Lord of Sussew was already grasping everything.

"...That's right."

Gallahan answered one beat slower.

Then Chanton Sussew said, lifting one eyebrow.

"But why do I know that now?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"If inland supplies are to reach the Cheshire port, they must all pass through the land of West Sussew."

Rattle.

Gallahan paused with the sound of his heart sinking.

The Cheshire port is surrounded by the land of West Sussew.