Chapter 14

A few days have passed since the project to build my father's solid foundation was successfully completed.

Coroi plant always grows well except in winter, but these days, right after the rainy season, the stems are the strongest period, so my father suddenly became busy.

Since he went out early in the morning and came back late at night, I had more time to be alone.

My father was very worried about me saying he couldn't be with me, but on the contrary, I was very happy because I had freedom of action.

Even on a day like today, I can do what I have to do without having to explain it out loud to my father.

I was waiting for Alpheo on the stairs of the main building, which was quiet because no one was going around.

"Alpheo! Here it is!"

Alpheo, looking around at my voice, found me and ran over there.

"Miss!"

Alpheo's hand, approaching with a happy smile, held an object wrapped in cloth.

"That's it!"

The size of the sculpture done by Alpheo was actually quite large than I thought.

It was the volume that did not decrease from the log that was first given as material.

It would mean that the sculpting went smoothly without any discarded parts.

I haven't seen the finished version yet, but I've already tried to see laughter coming out.

"Can I see it?"

"Yes, of course!"

In my words, Alpheo put the pieces down in a suitable place and carefully peeled the fabric off.

Whether they used what was at home, or rough cloth as this fabric fell through from the sculpture, and the wooden statue appeared.

"Wow...."

I couldn't take my eyes off the statue for a while.

The material was only a common wood.

The common wood now reborn as a work of art in Alpheo's hands.

I did a good job entrusting it to this future genius artist!

When I said nothing and looked at the wooden pole, Alpheo couldn't.

"Are you sure you don't like it?"

"Yeah? No! I don't like it! The pieces are so pretty I forgot to talk for a second. Thanks, Alpheo!"

When I spoke while holding Alpheo's right hand with both hands, a smile appeared on his face full of freckles.

"Thank you for giving me a chance, Miss. I really wanted to tell you this."

"Thank you to me? Is there anything I should be thankful for?"

If Alpheo hadn't taken care of the sculpture, I wouldn't be able to give a gift like this to my grandfather.