Chapter 127

There was a moment of silence on the terrace.

Grandfather was looking at me without blinking.

And the moment I thought that a smile slowly passed through those eyes.

"Hahaha!"

Grandfather burst into laughter.

"That's so... hahaha!"

It was a big and cheerful laugh that the wine in his hand flowed out of the glass.

I waited quietly until my grandfather's laughter calm down.

"That's the gift you chose, Florentia."

"Yes. It's an adult birthday present, so I was greedy for something nice, grandpa."

"Greedy..."

Grandfather murmured, rubbing his trim beard.

"It's an authority that anyone in my lineage has. Even if you don't ask it as a birthday present, it's already yours."

I shook my head firmly to my grandfather.

I've had a more Lombardy-like childhood than anyone since I returned.

Therefore, as in my previous life, I'm in a situation where I am criticized for having a mother whose origins are unknown.

But that's not all I have to go over.

"What I want on my birthday is not just exercise the authority, but my grandfather's support for it."

"Why do you think you need my support?"

"Of course, I'm fully qualified to exercise my authority. I'm an adult, your granddaughter, and I'm pretty smart."

My grandfather laughed low as if he agreed with me.

"But at the same time, I'm a woman. I've only become an adult. I'm well aware of the obstacles in my way, Grandpa."

I looked straight at my grandfather.

"If I exercise my authority and touch the business, there will be resistance."

That's exactly how Viese would do.

Up until now, he has considered only Shananet to be his rival and has been growing his strength outside Lombardy, but he will try to cut the buds for fear that even his young nephew will stand out.

"Just once, please support me. I don't need any other help."

I'm already all set.

A strange smile bloomed on my grandfather's face, who was silently listening to me.

"Okay, I'll do as you say. You want it as a birthday present. I'll have to pay for that."

My grandfather's love for me seemed to be overflowing many times more than usual.

"When are you going to get your birthday present?"

"Soon."

"Soon?"

"Yes, very soon."

I must have gotten my grandfather's promise.

Just in time, there's no need to wait any longer.

Grandfather smiled at me and said.

"I'll be looking forward to it."

* * *

One corner of the banquet hall was full of people dressed up.

There, raucous with music and all sorts of noises, Gallahan sat quietly on the comfy sofa, lost in thought.