Chapter 130

Blink. Blink.

Thick and large Clang Devon's eyes closed and opened slowly.

Flint, who was listening to Clang Devon's conversation with me next to him, was surprised and hardened.

"Uh..."

Clang Devon, who had been pouting for a while, suddenly shouted at Flint.

"Drink! Flint, get me a drink!"

"Wait, brother!"

Flint, who shouted in a loud voice, quickly brought water in a large glass.

Glup, glup.

I was watching leisurely as Clang Devon, who emptied the glass and wiped the water from his mouth with his sleeve.

"I'm... awake, now. Go ahead, Lady."

Obviously, Clang Devon's usual serious eyes were back.

"I've always admired the potential of Lombardy Transportation. And I've been sad that that potential doesn't shine properly."

"...Thank you."

A little embarrassment flashed over Clang Devon's face filled with gratitude.

He must be remembered the whining while drinking a little while ago.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone gets sad and angry if they don't get the right credit for their hard work."

Clang Devon looked at me at my words.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

"I was wondering when you grew up like this...”

As I stared at him without a reaction, Clang Devon nodded and said.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me, Lady."

"No, I'm offering business proposals to the Devon family. My age can be a concern. No, you must pay attention."

"...Thank you for your understanding."

"But one thing I can assure you is that none of the people who use Lombardy's name understands the advantages of Devon's transportation better than I do."

Clang Devon nodded silently at my words.

And asked.

"As I understand it, you're going to use your authority as the direct lineage of Lombardy?"

"Yes, but I don't intend to push ahead with things that Lord Devon doesn't want just because of my direct lineage."

"Why are you taking such a cumbersome route?"

"Because I have a lot of ways to develop Lombardy. But I'm not good enough to force someone who doesn't like it."

"Haha..."

Clang Devon laughed.

It was a smile of tension.

"Then may I venture to ask you for an explanation."

Clang Devon, who said so, gave Flint a wink.

Now Clang Devon was not Flint's brother, but Devon's household lord.

Flint and Laurel took Marilyn out of the drawing-room.

Now, just me and Clang Devon stayed.

As Lord Devon looking at me with a serious eye, I opened my mouth.

"It's not a business that requires a lot of change. Rather, it's enough to do with what the Devons have now. No one has thought about it yet."

"A change of thought..."