Chapter 40

Empress Palace of the Lambrew Empire.

Even within the Imperial Palace, the most splendid space was slowly starting the day until midday is over.

This was a normal thing because the empress, who usually cannot fall asleep easily, used to fall asleep only at dawn.

The empress's bedroom was dimmed with curtains to prevent the bright sunlight outside.

The wet-haired empress, who had just finished taking a bath, sat in front of the mirror.

The bedroom filled with the people, such as a maid who combed her hair down hundreds of times to dry it, a maid preparing a dress for the empress today, and a maid cleaning up the bedding from asleep.

However, the space was cramped and quiet.

Occasionally, they could only hear the Empress's annoying sighs.

Dozens of maids moved without making a single noise or footsteps.

But no one was frowning.

In front of the empress, they knew they had to be careful even breathing.

After a while, the empress's clothing was all over.

The empress laughed with satisfaction when he saw a beautiful woman sitting in the mirror that no one else could match.

"Go out, only you can stay."

The empress pointed to one of the maids who was organizing the underwear she had taken off.

As if it were familiar, everyone walked out of the bedroom, bowing their backs politely.

However, the complexion that stood upright from the servant turned pale.

It was because she knew well why the Empress asked to see herself.

"You."

It has already been five years since she had served the Empress right next to her, but the word she always called was 'you'.

The dark-haired maid, named Bella, had her hair tightened even further.

"Yes, Empress."

"Why is there no news?"

"That, it is"

Bella's eyes trembled anxiously.

"I bought it with my hand as clearly ordered..."

What Empress Rabini told Bella was simple.

To poison the food of second prince Perez.

No matter how much her mother came from, she was definitely the son of the emperor.

To poison the second prince.

It was a work of anger, but the face of the Empress, who gave the order, was dry as if to pull out the weeds that useless.

Bella was so scared.

I didn't want to do something terrible.

However, she had no right to deny the Empress's order.

Bella's family, one of the many vassal families of the Angenas family, were poor nobles with one palm-sized manor in the western part of the empire.

Bella, the eldest daughter of such a family, was dedicated to the Empress by her father.

By the way, her father commanded that she should have served the Empress right next to her because she is the best looking and smarter among the brothers and sisters.