Chapter 93

My daily routine has been quite simple these days.

Coming to Pellet's Company three times a week to receive a report from Clerivan was all that was planned.

For the rest, I go to the Palace to see Perez or hang out with my cousins.

I was looking around the square leisurely today and stopped by Pellet's office.

Violet, who had been dispatched to help because something busy happened at Gallahan Clothing Store, was also waiting for me in the office after a long time.

"How did the wheat purchase end in the South?"

"Yes, we had good harvests in the West Sussew and the far south of the Empire, so we were able to buy them at a good price."

I nodded without saying much.

It was as I remembered that southern farming was an unprecedented good harvest this year.

Clerivan, who saw my reaction not surprising, asked me in a half-hearted tone.

"Did you know that?"

"What?"

"That the South will have a good harvest this year."

You're quick-witted.

But I shrugged and put on an expression on my face that I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I'm not some prophet, how did I know that?"

"But a little while ago, the reaction..."

"That's because I believed from the beginning that Clerivan, Violet, and the competent staff of Pellet Company would do well."

"Ah..."

The corners of Clerivan's mouth crept up by my sudden bombshell of praise.

He hastily covered his mouth, which has been twitching a few times, but I can see everything with my sharp eyes, so it's no use.

After all, Clerivan is very weak at compliments.

I let such a Clerivan calm down for a moment and asked Violet.

"Did you find out what I said about the top of the Reds, violet?"

"Yes, but nothing special came out... I'm sorry."

Violet offered a thin report and said with embarrassment.

But I shook my head.

"It's not Violet's fault. This is not the place where the Reds have done so much."

The order was made from the beginning with the thought that there would be little expectation.

"You've done a good job knowing this much, Violet."

Violet must be weak in praise, too.

If you see her neat white face turning red.

So I decided to do a little more while I'm at it.

"You're perfectly good at everything I ask you to do, so I'm a little bored because I don't have anything to do."

"Well, that's what I'm saying..."

"I'll try harder."

Violet turned redder, and Clerivan replied meaningfully as if determined something.

"And Clerivan."

"Yes, Lady Florentia."

"Louryl brought Clerivan's gift on her trip to the East. Send someone to the mansion from the merchant's office and take it."