Chapter 119

"Oh!"

"A different color!"

At a glance, different red and blue flames stirred the householders.

"That's the way..."

Lulak nodded, sweeping his beard.

"The reddish side is the real Lombardy check. It's counterfeit that the flame is blue."

Shananet answered, putting out the match before all the checks were burned.

"As you can see, it's an easy way to tell by just burning one corner. Before the important part with the money on it gets burned."

"If that's enough, you'll be able to check it right at the counter! Burning it on fire! It's a really unimaginable way, Madame Shananet!"

Grodic Bray said incredibly in a very excited voice.

"How the hell did you figure this out?"

"...I was lucky trying to figure out how to tell this and that by myself."

"You're amazing!"

Before Shananet answered, there was a slight gap but no one noticed it.

"That's Shananet!"

"What a groundbreaking way. Who could have thought of it!"

The eyes of the householders who looked at the fake and real checks naturally turned to Lulak.

Everyone is waiting for Lulak's decision.

Lulak finally looked at Viese and Shananet once.

Shananet, who was confident but did not smile, and Viese's face, which was distorted by anger, looked at him at the same time.

The householder sometimes has to make difficult decisions for the family.

Now is the time for that.

Lulak spoke in a low voice.

"Let Shananet serve as acting patriarch until I return."

It was the moment when Lord of Lombardy's representative changed from Viese to Shananet.

Viese protested in a tearful voice.

"Father!"

But Lulak seemed to have no intention of reversing that decision.

He only looked at Viese, who cried for himself with a face that had no room for a needle.

"Do you know what this means right now? Father, you have just officially recognized my sister, who is a woman as a candidate for succession!"

"You think I don't know that?"

"Are you really going to do this?"

Viese couldn't beat the anger, so he screamed with blood on his neck.

"You can't do this just for one counterfeit check! I mean, you can't treat me like this!"

It's as unfair as a man who's been deprived of what he deserves.

"Do you think it's because of one thing that led you to retire as a Lord?"

"If not, what is it!"

"...I think I made the right decision."

Lulak said coldly.

"You should go now."

There was nothing more he could do.

Viese, who was shaking with his fists clenched, finally glared at Shananet with his killer eyes and walked out of the bedroom.

Bam!