Chapter 44

I kept watching her while pushing the sweet cake into my mouth.

At first glance, Caitlyn seemed to be leisurely enjoying the banquet, but her gaze was busy looking at the Lombardy employees working around her.

In that gaze, there was a feeling of warmth and happiness, as if returning home after a long time.

At least I thought I knew enough what Lombardy meant to her.

"Tia, this is really delicious, isn't it?"

Suddenly, Gilliu, who was eating a cake with me, smeared white cream on his mouth and said with a laugh.

"Shall I bring more?"

Mayron asked, glancing at Gilliu.

"No. I want to eat something else after a while."

"Yes, if you have something you want to eat, tell me."

Mayron laughed at me when he 'tapped' on the back of Gilliu's hand who trying to eat the last piece of cake that leftover.

Thank you, guys.

I smiled as a sign of gratitude and put it in Mayron's mouth.

Somehow, Mayron's cheeks seem to be slightly red.

He seems to be a little tall these days, but he is still a kid who likes sweet things.

"I ate the cake too, so I have to take care of it now."

As I said that and started moving, the twins quickly followed.

It seems I have become a mother duck carrying yellow ducklings, but it is much more natural to go around like a child than to snooze alone.

Pretending to look around, I gradually approached the table next to Caitlyn.

"Oh, it's Clerivan Pellets."

I was putting one cookie in the palms of the twins with both hands out, and I heard the men next to them whispering.

He was talking while staring at Clerivan on the other side of the banquet hall.

Externally, since we weren't good enough to look close, Clerivan was always keeping a distance from me.

"He surrounded by women today."

It was a conversation that seemed quite dissatisfied with Clerivan.

It wasn't just women that were crowded around Clerivan.

In fact, even though his attitude toward people was not particularly good, many male bureaucrats tried to stay close to Clerivan at least a little, whether they had the magical power to attract people.

But well, there are many women too.

"Look at that."

"Do women like that guy who doesn't have politeness?"

"That's right."

I wanted to tell those bitter losers.

That face.

The face is the probability.

But since I was busy now, I glanced at the men with pathetic eyes and continued to move table by table.

And finally, I succeeded in moving to Caitlyn's table.

Now I have to talk to her.

It was when I was rolling my head like that.

"Excuse me."

A soft voice came from behind.

"Huh?"