Chapter 01

Skreeekkk.

With an unpleasant sound, the iron gates of the great mansion were closed by the Imperial Knights.

It was the end of Lombardy's, which had reigned as the greatest family on the continent for 250 years, on par with the Imperial Family of Lambrew.

Like an ever-expanding world, the family's symbol, the clan, which had always been strong, ended in vain with the capture of Viese Lombardy, the patriarch of the household, as well as other figures under the name of tax evasion and treason.

Hundreds of citizens of Lombardy, a city named after the family, had gathered in front of the mansion.

Some constantly shed tears into their handkerchiefs, and those who turned away without even looking once.

And in the front row stood me, Florentia.

"Morons."

I said sharply while gritting my teeth, but it didn't matter now.

I glared at the heavily guarded front door of the family and uttered a few more words.

"Freaks, dimwits, lazy people who will remain stubborn even when stuck in a fire."

I could feel the people standing around me looking back at me in surprise, but what do you think?

The Lombardy family is already ruined.

However, no matter how much I cursed, the rage inside my heart did not subside.

"I had already told you that it's not going to be the First Prince. I told you several times that he is just a spoiled brat and he's never going to be the Crown Prince!"

But despite my advice, the Lombardy idiots supported the First Prince.

The First Prince, Astana Nerempe Durelli.

They said it was because he was related to the Empress, but as far as I could tell, they only picked the same kind of person as themselves.

He belonged to a 'Royal Bloodline' but had a fat body while drowning in luxuries and pleasure and laziness that filled up his stomach.

It was no exaggeration to say that Lombardy's brilliant history was the history of the Lambrew Empire.

It was the Lombardy family that made Durelli the first Emperor of the kingdom and brought the Empire where it is today.

Is that all?

Reaching the top, the family accumulated enormous wealth participated in every war, achieved bloodless victories with excellent diplomacy, and supported great artists from all over the Empire. There was no place in the world where Lombardy's name could not be reached.

And it was Lulak Lombardy, the Overlord of the previous generation, who is said to have raised the Lombardy family to a high level.

When the young Lulak had just taken over as an overlord, the Imperial Family issued a royal edict to keep him in check.

And that's when Lulak came up with the scholarship system.

The government had raised the number of talented people in various fields by providing generous support to both nobles and commoners.

It was no wonder where the loyalty of those who had studied under the support of the Lombardy family would lie.

They were not Lombardy, but they were Lombardy's people.

So Lulak, the Overlord, had succeeded in planting his people all over the place without even taking a single step out of Lombardy's territory.

Eventually, the Emperor, who had no choice but to recognize the Lombardy family's influence, had to take back the royal edict after twenty years.